Power Commander help!! 04 cbr1000RR - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
General Discussion General Motorcycle Discussion. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, and doesn't fit into a more specific forum, it goes here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-12-2012, 5:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Power Commander help!! 04 cbr1000RR

I'm new to the forum! I been searching for help with the power commander for the 04 cbr1000rr I just bought. I have no experience with it, but am really just wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this.
It's a power commander 3 usb.

1. I've downloaded all the software onto my computer, including maps, firmware updates, and all the instructions.

2. I do not have the 9volt adapter, but am told that as long as the bike is running BEFORE hooking it up to the computer it has power, and will send the current info.

3. The cord and port on my computer have been tested using an old cell phone. Everything checks out, and the computer recognizes the the phone instantly.

Now that thats out of the way, when I start the bike, the lights on the power commander turn on, and adjust as you give it throttle. So it is in fact working. I then pull up the power commander program on my computer, before plugging it in. After plugging it in nothing happens. And I've firmly plugged it in to both my computer and power commander (seating the cord all the way in the commander untill there is no more plug showing and is bottomed out). Help me!!!

My computer won't even show the programmer is hooked up, let alone pull up the map infor, serial number, etc...

Has anyone had a problem like this?!? I understand there's probably not much of a solution out there besides the port is bad on the power commander, but I'm really grasping at whatever anyone has to say at this point!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-12-2012, 5:47 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: Power Commander help!! 04 cbr1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhaRR View Post
I'm new to the forum! I been searching for help with the power commander for the 04 cbr1000rr I just bought. I have no experience with it, but am really just wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this.
It's a power commander 3 usb.

1. I've downloaded all the software onto my computer, including maps, firmware updates, and all the instructions.

2. I do not have the 9volt adapter, but am told that as long as the bike is running BEFORE hooking it up to the computer it has power, and will send the current info.

3. The cord and port on my computer have been tested using an old cell phone. Everything checks out, and the computer recognizes the the phone instantly.

Now that thats out of the way, when I start the bike, the lights on the power commander turn on, and adjust as you give it throttle. So it is in fact working. I then pull up the power commander program on my computer, before plugging it in. After plugging it in nothing happens. And I've firmly plugged it in to both my computer and power commander (seating the cord all the way in the commander untill there is no more plug showing and is bottomed out). Help me!!!

My computer won't even show the programmer is hooked up, let alone pull up the map infor, serial number, etc...

Has anyone had a problem like this?!? I understand there's probably not much of a solution out there besides the port is bad on the power commander, but I'm really grasping at whatever anyone has to say at this point!!

The bike should not be running, just the ignition turned on to power up the PC.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 7 Old 06-12-2012, 6:08 PM Thread Starter

I have tried that as well, but the instructions for the pc3usb say bike must be running, (or use the 9v adapter). The new pcV(5) can be powered up by just key on, kill switch to run. Anyways, it didn't work with bike off, ignition on, kill switch on or off. Every time I tried something new I would also un plug, and re plug the usb to the computer to try and establish a new connection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-12-2012, 6:16 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, just re read. PC can obviously only send your live info with bike running, but you can access current map and change map with ignition on kill switch to run. my bad. Either way, still no further than before!!! :-(
post #5 of 7 Old 06-12-2012, 6:26 PM

Reputation Power: 113

The Power Commander on my F4i could be programmed with just the ignition on. Try a different laptop and data cable if you can, but if that can't access it either it's probably the PC that's acting up.

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-12-2012, 7:37 PM Thread Starter

I've done it! I realised after douple checking the cable with my old phone again that although the computer recognized it, it wouldn't let me transfer any data. Although the commander wouldn't even show up on my computer I thought it was worth a shot to go buy another cable. Apparently the other cable I have will not transfer data, and was not made to transfer data. Bought a new one after the guy at Best buy confirmed that the cable I was using would not work for transfering data, and found me one that would. Long story short, don't buy cheap cables. and if you do, bring a magnifying glass to look at the box to see the microscopic print stating its only for charging or some junk like that. Problem resolved! hooked up and I was able to update the pc3 and fix the garbage tune the guy before me put on it. thanks for the help!!!
post #7 of 7 Old 06-12-2012, 7:39 PM

Reputation Power: 113

Nice one

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > General Motorcycling > General Discussion

Tags
cbr1000rr , power commander , power commander 3 usb , powercommander

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page