Weak at high rpm. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CB300F & CBR300R Discussion of the 2015+ Honda CB300F and CBR300R Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-27-2016, 3:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Weak at high rpm.

I recently had the dealer do a recall on the crank shaft on my cbr300r. They also had to replace the cylinder wall, piston, rings, and oil pump. Once I finally got my bike back after them having it for 3 weeks, it's weak in revs over 8000 rpm. Takes off great and haves plenty power up to 8k then it's weak from then on. Top speed use to be 102mph. Now I'm lucky to get over 85mph. Any idea what's going on???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-27-2016, 3:54 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)

Garage
Re: Weak at high rpm.

Hi Trip, can only say at present to take it back to them and try to get them to sort it out, as you say if it was working better before and they have made it worse its up to them to put it right, have they somehow governed the engine to bed it in, maybe ask them, and then come back to us.Bill
post #3 of 8 Old 10-31-2016, 3:31 PM Thread Starter

I took it back to them and they didn't really give me any information except that they did nothing except replace parts. Then he recommended me to get a power commander and tune it or get the valves adjusted.
Idk what's going on with it but I ride it every day and have plenty of break in miles on the new parts. Top speed is still 85mph where it use to be 102. I have also noticed that I am now getting around 100-120 miles per tank (2 1/2 gal before low fuel light blinks), where I use to get easily over 200 on the same volume.
If it was driving good before why must I need to get a power commander now? Doesn't make any since. I still think they messed something up. A guy in another Thead suggested that they may have messed up on the timing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-31-2016, 3:52 PM
Supporting Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip027 View Post
I took it back to them and they didn't really give me any information except that they did nothing except replace parts. Then he recommended me to get a power commander and tune it or get the valves adjusted.
Idk what's going on with it but I ride it every day and have plenty of break in miles on the new parts. Top speed is still 85mph where it use to be 102. I have also noticed that I am now getting around 100-120 miles per tank (2 1/2 gal before low fuel light blinks), where I use to get easily over 200 on the same volume.
If it was driving good before why must I need to get a power commander now? Doesn't make any since. I still think they messed something up. A guy in another Thead suggested that they may have messed up on the timing.
Hi Trip, if its been recalled for a crank change, i would have thought to have the bike running right, they would have had to have done the valves themselves, especially if they have changed all those parts, was it a reputable dealership you took it to, if so they sound a bit iffy.Bill
post #5 of 8 Old 10-31-2016, 3:58 PM Thread Starter

Halls Honda the same place a purchased it from new.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-01-2016, 7:00 PM Thread Starter

I'm just taking a guess here. Could it be my O2 sensor gone bad? It's sorta fits the description. Poor mileage, bad performance, irregular idle(dies sometimes while idling). Maybe some scrap metal torn it up when that cylinder wall got eaten up?
post #7 of 8 Old 11-02-2016, 1:48 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

Would have thought that should have come up as a fault code. Do you have any fault codes up on the bike.Bill
post #8 of 8 Old 11-02-2016, 7:33 AM Thread Starter

Nope. I done a little test and unplugged the o2 sensor and took her for a drive and there was absolutely no change to the bike. I then took the sensor out and looked at the end and the ceramic on the inside looks slightly damaged so ima order a new one and try it out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CB300F & CBR300R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page