F4i mid-rpm problems (losing power) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-21-2015, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

F4i mid-rpm problems (losing power)

Hey guys I have a problem with my 2003 F4i that is really bumming me out. The bike starts fine, idles perfect, and all around rides great except when i hit about 8k rpms the bike stops accelerating and just loses power, also it will not hit the rev limiter when I pull in the clutch and try to rev it, just kinda stops at 10k and sounds terrible. Bike has 35k miles. New plugs, I replaced the fuel filter, coils, regulator, and battery, brand new k&n air filter. I have a small slip on exhaust I put on about 2 months ago, however the problem was there before that. I always run 93 octane could that be an issue? Its very frustrating because i cannot keep up with any other bikes I ride with and I dont know what to do with it anymore. Ive seen many other people on threads with this same problem but have yet to find an answer, please, please help! Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-21-2015, 4:35 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 6

Re: F4i mid-rpm problems (losing power)

sounds like shes stealing juice thru a bad connection (grounding out when the need for more power rises) have you checked your starter relay connections? next to battery..
post #3 of 3 Old 08-22-2015, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: F4i mid-rpm problems (losing power)

Thanks for the reply, I've changed a fuse in the solenoid once but that's all I've really done to it, what would intel a bad connection?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Tags
bogging , f4i , rpms

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page