Paper Washers Under Rotors - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-26-2015, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

Paper Washers Under Rotors

Why is there paper washers between the front wheel and brake discs on the CBR 600 F2? Do they really need to be there? Could I make my own with index card paper. OEM suppliers list them at $3.00 each or $3.00 for 12, I cant tell. There is a 12 in the little box beside the price. Does that mean I need 12 (which I know) or thats the price for 12 of them? I wouldnt think they would be $3 each for Christ sake but you never know. I asked this question on another forum and everyone seems to think it doesnt matter if they are there or not. And I did search both sites for a couple hours before posting this question. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-26-2015, 10:57 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage
Re: Paper Washers Under Rotors

I'm pretty sure I had those on my Hurricane 600. So I'll offer you my unofficial opinion. The Hurricane and F2 disks were not floaters, and as you know bolt straight to the rim. I believe they are nothing more than a noise buffer. Small felt disk to me would take up just enough resonance to keep the disk from touching the rim directly. I see no other purpose for them.

One for every bolt, so if you have 6 bolts then 12 it is, and 3 bucks sounds like the normal OEM price gouge to me.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #3 of 3 Old 12-28-2015, 5:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

Re: Paper Washers Under Rotors

So after looking at those "paper washers" I realize they're not actually paper. Its gasket type material so I'll just got to the local "Advance Oreilly Zone" and get a sheet of 1/64 gasket material and make my own. 1/64" is .0156 so I think that will be fine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page