Solenoid Valve system (delete?) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 01-13-2016, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Solenoid Valve system (delete?)

Hello everybody. I come with a question regarding the Solenoid Valve.

I am current'y in the process of tidying up the f4. Driven ais block off plates are in the mail, so that's a couple are hoses taken care of.
Going to put a few new vacuum lines on it for assurance.

The solenoid valve. I tried doing some research on it, and I'm still not totally sure what it does.

To be quite honest, I'd like to see it go bye bye. Less hoses, less chance for vacuum leaks, (albeit minimal, less weight) etc.

Is it possible to disconnect the sensor, take out all the associated rubber lines and then cap off all the ports?

Basically, long story short. can I delete the solenoid valve and the rubber hoses that go with it? (by capping off all the ports)

This stuff

I'm not looking to get scolded or flamed please. If I'm wrong or I simply can not do this, then I'll use it as a learning experience. However, hopefully someone can give me the answer I'm looking for

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-14-2016, 1:26 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 48

Re: Solenoid Valve system (delete?)

this might help. in short yes you can ditch it. HELP!!!!!!PAIR MOD on a 99F4 - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

"love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."-Hunter S. Thompson
post #3 of 14 Old 01-14-2016, 9:10 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for sharing that. Unfortunately, it makes no sense to me!
Heh, what I mean is: for starters, I've read it probably 6 times now and it still isn't hitting me. He says to disconnect the hoses going to the valve and join them together with a 'T'. okay got it. Then he says to remove hose 3 and connect it to the bottom of the 'T' that hoses 1&2 are connected to. Then it says put hose 4 under the bar (doesn't say where to) then it says get rid of hose 3 completely???

So basically, hose 4 is just chillin' under the frame bar, doing nothing. and there is a T fitting with hoses 1&2 with a port open because it says to remove hose 3 all together...??

I'm sorry if that was confusing. Basically just reiterated what the picture says.

tl;dr doesn't make sense
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 01-14-2016, 9:22 PM

lol i feel ya. ill see if i can help using the diagram as reference. since you are putting block off plates on you will completely eliminate hoses 1,2 the valve in the middle and hose #3. leave hose 4 hooked up just as it was before to the air box. usually the block off plate kits have a rubber stopper to put in the hole where hose #3 hooked to the air box included.

done.

hopefully that helps but if not feel free to ask. : )

"love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."-Hunter S. Thompson
post #5 of 14 Old 01-14-2016, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Ahhhh okay! I figured out what isn't making sense to me!
It was taking me forever to think of it but, I think I got it. The picture in that link you sent me..appears to be the F4i?

I should have clarified, I have an f4. Carburetor model

I took three more pictures. hopefully it will illustrate what i'm try to accomplish.

There appears to be more hoses and ports on my model compared to the fuel injected variant.

post #6 of 14 Old 01-15-2016, 12:59 AM

ic. im not entirely sure how you do a pair mod on the carbed model. im sure someone here has done it.

post #7 of 14 Old 01-15-2016, 6:13 AM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

I'm gonna take a wild stab here, but I recall back in the day the F3 had 2 smaller Ram Air hoses that pressurized the float bowl at low speed/rpm. I THINK the extra carbie hoses you have do the same thing, and the solenoid connected to them cuts air flow after the main Ram Air inlet sends enough air to pressurize everything. Extend your PAIR delete search to a RAM AIR low pressure delete, or a similar variant of such.

Otherwise I think all that hose garbage can go by way of the circular file......trash can.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #8 of 14 Old 01-15-2016, 10:33 AM

so if he is putting in the block off plates the green hoses need to stay hooked up

the red hoses n solenoid get removed

but what about the blue and yellow hose?

would he just connect the blue and yellow hose where the solenoid was and leave the yellow hooked to the air box?

post #9 of 14 Old 01-15-2016, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Oooookay! For starters, thank you, both of yous!
I really do appreciate he responses. It's an awesome feeling knowing there are people on here willing to help (I plan to help whoever I can if I can as well).

So! I did some research on this 'low speed ram air' system. Apparently, from what I gathered, you can delete this with no ill effects.

It will be nice to get some of that clutter out of there and those ripped and torn hoses as well.

My, what should be last, question is: is all I have to do then is just cap off all these ports (the red circles on the carb in the picture)

Remove hoses, remove solenoid, cap off air intake box, cap off ports on carb....?
That sound right?

post #10 of 14 Old 01-15-2016, 11:47 AM

ill let ian give you some advice on that. im not a carb guy!! im not sure if just capping those would have ill effects.

post #11 of 14 Old 01-15-2016, 4:18 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

Pretty sure capping them is a

I believe the ports still act as the vents for each carb, thus if you capped them and the bowl overflowed, it would overflow directly into the engine. Not sure though, my carbie 900 is too old for ram air so I'm no expert on that.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #12 of 14 Old 01-15-2016, 4:38 PM Thread Starter

Hmm. Okay. Thank you for explaining. If you haven't been able to tell, I am not too well versed on carburetors :-/

It almost seems as if my best bet is to actually just leave it and hook it up properly, huh?

I've tried locating the oem hoses (I'm sure I can just use any bulk rubber hose that's the correct size. However, I am very anal to try and use oem parts)
post #13 of 14 Old 01-15-2016, 5:14 PM

it might be best. i looked on ron ayers n partzilla, two of the biggest oem parts houses n they list those hoses as obsolete or discontinued. so they might be hard to find in any kind of new condition. might send orville | Greens Cycle Salvage an email with a pic from the parts fiche and the hoses your looking for n they might have some that are in better shape. they are one of the biggest breakers in the u.s. if not yeah you could replace them with any bulk hose.

if it were me i would prob try putting in the block off plates since you already ordered them n leave the green hoses hooked up. then down at the T of the blue hose near the carbs id put a shorter bulk hose of the same size ran up to where the yellow hose hooked into the air box. itd clean it up a little under there anyway.

the block off plates dont do anything in terms of performance one way or the other so you could def just leave the whole system in n return the plates as well.

if you do go ahead id advise keeping ahold of the parts you remove n trying not to damage them just in case it doesnt work as hoped.

post #14 of 14 Old 01-16-2016, 7:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Kevin View Post
it might be best. i looked on ron ayers n partzilla, two of the biggest oem parts houses n they list those hoses as obsolete or discontinued. so they might be hard to find in any kind of new condition. might send orville | Greens Cycle Salvage an email with a pic from the parts fiche and the hoses your looking for n they might have some that are in better shape. they are one of the biggest breakers in the u.s. if not yeah you could replace them with any bulk hose.

if it were me i would prob try putting in the block off plates since you already ordered them n leave the green hoses hooked up. then down at the T of the blue hose near the carbs id put a shorter bulk hose of the same size ran up to where the yellow hose hooked into the air box. itd clean it up a little under there anyway.

the block off plates dont do anything in terms of performance one way or the other so you could def just leave the whole system in n return the plates as well.

if you do go ahead id advise keeping ahold of the parts you remove n trying not to damage them just in case it doesnt work as hoped.

Right on right on. Thank you for checking that for me, I'm going to keep those two businesses in mind when I'm looking for things.

Alright, so just to be safe, I am still going to use the Block off plates, but I'm going to get some hose and hook up the Solenoid valve back up properly. Risking it running poorly is not worth the little bit of clutter clean up.

Thank you guys again for the help, I appreciate it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page