New combination meter, need to reflect miles. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-30-2016, 7:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

New combination meter, need to reflect miles.

Alright so I just replaced my combination cluster and my odometer is at 5. How to I adjust and add miles to reflect the previous miles I had on it. I don't want to hear anything saying that it's illegal or any BS like that. It's not illegal to adjust a odometer to reflect the current actual milage. When I was messing around with the wires a month ago some how something happened to where my odometer started climbing and I unplugged the meter because I didn't know what was going on. So I know it's possible. I just don't know what caused it. Can anyone help me out with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-30-2016, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

Re: New combination meter, need to reflect miles.

I don't know the answer, but your should tell folks what bike and year.
If electronic, I'm guessing, and I do mean guessing, that you somehow sent a signal from your speed sensor to the ECU?
post #3 of 4 Old 01-31-2016, 2:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Thanks, I'll check into that and see what I can dig up. I was trying to think how I did it but that makes sense. It crossed my mind. My bike is a 2003 CBR600rr digital meter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-31-2016, 4:29 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 198

If you can locate a local speedometer shop, maybe they could help you get your clock set where you want. We have one or two here in Sacramento, so I know they exist.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Tags
electrical , help needed , odometer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page