PC40 2007 hard to shift into 5th/6th at high RPM
Hi all, as the title suggests I'm having some issues with my long date partner, a CBR600RR 2007, here are the details:
- Last ride of 2015 I had a crash to the left side (I'm pretty sure I had the 5th/6th gear engaged). Besides the cosmetic damage, the footrest and shift pedal broke, and the shift rod bent;
- First ride of 2016 I noticed the transmission doesn't correctly shift into 5th/6th gears at high RPM's only (above 10.000);
- All gears work just fine at low RPM's (below 10.000);
- There are no noises;
- Applying more pressure to the shift pedal doesn't make any difference;
- Shift shaft has no lateral play;
Obviously the first thing I wanna check is the shift shaft and gearshift cam through the clutch cover, but the fact that it shifts correctly at low RPM's kinda suggests the problem is in the transmission itself, right? If so, I assume taking the engine out is the only way to further access any damage?
Thanks in advance for any help/tips you can provide, I would guess I'm not the first with transmission issues after a crash?