HELP FUEL PROBLEMS - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-29-2016, 8:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

HELP FUEL PROBLEMS

i have a 99 cbr f4. i was riding home yesterday from work and it died. i tried to start it again and it would just turn over. i let it sit a couple minutes and tried again and it fired right up. rode 2 miles and it did it again. kept doing it all the way home. i noticed that if i went over 6000 rpms that it would cut out faster. my buddy told me that my fuel filter needs replaced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-29-2016, 3:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: HELP FUEL PROBLEMS

Bike fires off every time is not bad fuel.

A. Ride with the gas cap slightly raised, have a low level of fuel in the tank so none splashes out; to do not crash = Checks full system from petcock to fuel filter to fuel pump to kinked/swollen lines.

B. Pull fuel line off petcock. Top off gas in tank. Close gas cap, turn petcock on and capture gas in a dry water bottle. Pour back in tank when test is done. Fuel pours out then dribbles out is the vacuum lock happens faster with less air. Then make sure it's a big soda bottle because it will take longer with more air to vacuum lock.

C. Top gas off again. Choose any carb drain screw at the bottom of the bowl. Hot the fuel pump by cycling the key you hear the motor turn off, or the tank neutralizes faster on you... is A. B and C is one pain in the A.

2. It did the same exact thing. Then it's not the gas cap but it takes the dirty filter time to fill and drain.

3. Alex, I'll take Vac Lock in the System for $200.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page