93 cbr 600 f2 vacuum petcock issue - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-03-2016, 6:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

93 cbr 600 f2 vacuum petcock issue

Ok recently i replaced a missing spring on my f2 because it was leaking fuel into the engine hydro locking it severely. now when I run the bike it leaks through the vent and covers my left foot with gas so I am hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction for a fix or a rebuild kit. thank you all in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-03-2016, 7:20 PM

Re: 93 cbr 600 f2 vacuum petcock issue

Spring? Do you mean a spring inside #3? Even though they show it as the rubber booty holder, that more looks the vacuum pump body...
http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/.../m2042#sch7165

... #30 hose hooks up to a vacuum nipple off a carb, then down to the horizontal nipple #3. The vertical nipple of that body takes no hose. This is exposed to atmosphere. So, is that were it's coming out of?

I think you're stuck with buying lined out #1 if it is.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-03-2016, 8:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

There is a rebuild kit for F2 petcocks. I've seen them somewhere but dont remember where. They cost somewhere around $40 from Honda I think. Which is a hell of alot cheaper than a new HONDA petcock, which is $180ish. You could try an ebay petcock from China, they're cheap, probably wont last long, but then again maybe it will.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-03-2016, 9:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

Part #3 "cover set" is what you need, it supposed to have all the rubber pieces and diaphram and spring that you need to rebuild your petcock. You could also replace your petcock with one from a F3, they are not vacuum operated, supposed to be better. But when not running engine it is suggested to turn petcock to the OFF position. And you'd have to plug the vacuum port at the engine that would normally operate the F2 petcock. I think my F2 petcock is held together with rivets. If yours is like mine, I would drill out the rivets and replace with small screws made for metal.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-09-2016, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Sorry Been a little busy. Yes Catch22 it is in #3 the diaphragm I believe needs a spring to keep pressure on it to keep fuel from flowing while the engine is off. I have been working on engines of all types for years and every type of diaphragm pump or shutoff I have seen have had a spring for back pressure. Coalminer frank my petcock was held together with screws and I was thinking that was the part I needed but I was unsure of if it came with everything I need. The fuel seems like it is leaking from the small vent hole on #3 that vents to the atmosphere.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Tags
93 cbr600f2 , leaking , petcock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page