Help Bike won't run - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-18-2016, 9:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Help Bike won't run

Hey guys, this is my first post on these forums, even though I am looking through threads everyday, I can't seem to find the solution.

I have a 99 car f4 and about a week ago I was out riding and my bike stalled out at a light. 10 mins later I managed to get it started back up and as soon as I stop, stalls again.

I take the bike home and take apart and clean the carbs and replace the spark plugs and now the bike won't start at all. Tank is switched to on, primed it, etc. Any suggestions?

Also before it really got f*** up the bike was slow, acceleration was poor. I could barely get past 90 on the highway. Figured it was the carbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-18-2016, 10:45 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 58

Re: Help Bike won't run

could be lots of things...

do you smell gas? could it be a failing FPR?

how old is your battery...? stator...? regulator/rectifier...?

what sparkplugs did you install? did you check the gap? what was the measurement? did you accidentally "criss-cross" sparkplug wires? are they fully seated on the plugs? what is the condition of your wires?

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 5 Old 10-18-2016, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unslow1 View Post
could be lots of things...

do you smell gas? could it be a failing FPR?

how old is your battery...? stator...? regulator/rectifier...?

what sparkplugs did you install? did you check the gap? what was the measurement? did you accidentally "criss-cross" sparkplug wires? are they fully seated on the plugs? what is the condition of your wires?
I did smell gas but one of the carbs were leaking before and I fixed it so i could have been smelling that. And the battery is new about a month old everything else was on from when I bought the bike.

And I got ngk plugs didn't measure figured they were already gapped. Wires are in correct places.

I did pull one of the plugs out earlier and it was a little wet. I think it was gas or oil.

When One of the carbs was leaking I took off the float bowl and it didn't seem like gas was in it. Is it supposed to be filled?

The carbs are in good condition barely had to clean them. Jets were clear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-19-2016, 6:52 PM Thread Starter

Pulled all plugs today only #1 had a little residue on it. All were sparking for sure. Checked the drain screws on the float bowls gas is coming out so there's gas. Idk what else it could be. Any ideas?
post #5 of 5 Old 10-24-2016, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
Re: Help Bike won't run

I would check if it is firing on all cylinders, start it and mist the headers with water (or touch them) to so if they are warm or evaporate the water. also check what unslow1 listed. When my bike had issues was trouble shooting and the regulator/rectifier plug was melted causing shorts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page