Ebay 1" "raised" clip ons the same height as Honda cbr 600 F4i OEM clip ons - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 01-04-2017, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 4

Ebay 1" "raised" clip ons the same height as Honda cbr 600 F4i OEM clip ons

I bought these 1" raised clip ons for my Honda cbr 600 F4i hoping to achieve a 1" raise in handle grip height, but when they arrived I loosely fit one only to find that they are the same height as the stock OEM Honda ones

The seller had a picture of his raised and non raised clip ons and has told me they are different, he says he has sold me the correct item. I beg to differ, in the images you can clearly see that the grip height will be the same, I have requested a return but I don't think he will since as far as he is concerned he has sold me what I ordered that is "one inch raised clip ons for Honda cbr 600 F4i with 43mm fork diameter". He is not really interested in whether or not they actually raise MY bike's clip on height.

A few weeks back I loosened my stock OEM clip ons and raised them up the fork tube 1" and they felt much better the difference was astounding. I didn't ride it because the clip ons were barely held on sitting right at the top of the fork tube and oviously unsafe. But I was able to establish that one inch rise clip ons would be ideal and would'nt cause issues with cables and fairing clearance.

So I bought the 1" rised clip ons from ebay and as mentioned above they are the same height as stock, they are NOT suitable for the Honda cbr 600 F4i if being purchased as raised clip ons.

What I really need is some 1" spacer to slip over the fork tube that will actually raise the stock bars a genuine 1".

And before anyone says "should have bought a Hornet" I really love my CBR but just want the clip ons raised 1"

I will attach some images of the new 1" raised bar (left side) compared to the Honda OEM clip on (right side)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 01-04-2017, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Re: Ebay 1" "raised" clip ons the same height as Honda cbr 600 F4i OEM clip ons

Here we go Obviously left bar is Ebay new 1" raised and right bar is Honda OEM. If the bike was a cbr 600 RR then it would be raised 1" but not on an F4i.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New raised bar installed left side.jpg‎ (4.76 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg New raised bar installed.jpg‎ (4.21 MB, 9 views)
post #3 of 18 Old 01-05-2017, 12:45 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Garage

Hi Muso, have you thought about a set of handle bars with attached risers, you would have to modify (cut) the fairing, there are pitfalls as shown in the video
but if you remove the clip-ons and install these for the handle bars it might work
CNC Clamp On Top Yoke Motorcycle Handlebar Raisers Alloy Raising Kit 43mm New | eBay
The video shows what that guy had to do, I think you've seen it before but can't rememberBill
muso likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 01-05-2017, 1:47 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I've thought about that, I just thought the 1" rise clip ons would be an easy option, and still would have been if they actually did raise the bars up 1"

There are some adaptors you can get which go straight onto the top of the forks and house the single bar like in the video. One piece bar may be the only answer though.
MrPickwick likes this.
post #5 of 18 Old 01-05-2017, 2:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the video link, those bars look very comfortable.
I mounted both bars like this raised an inch and it felt a lot better, NB: I didn't ride it lke this though, too dangerous. You can see the height difference between left and right, doesn't look much but makes a lot of difference.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture Left clip on raised an inch.PNG
Views:	9
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	69585
post #6 of 18 Old 01-05-2017, 2:18 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

Hi Muso , another alternative but expensive. Bill
Motorcycle Accessories: ABM Multiclip Tour Clip On Adjustable Sportsbike Clip On Set, ABM MULTICLIP SUPERBIKE CLIP ON RAISER KITS, Multiclip
muso likes this.
post #7 of 18 Old 01-05-2017, 2:26 AM Thread Starter

They are brilliant, fully adjustable, what a shame they aren't standard on all road bikes

The Ebay seller just got back to me indicating that going by the photographs I sent him his new bars (the one on the left in the photo) have raised my handle bar height. They may be a bit higher where they attach to the tree but the grips aren't any higher than stock, in fact the new bars force you to stretch out a bit more being mounted slightly closer to the front. Total waste of money, if I can't return them, I might try flipping them for shits and giggles and see what it's like to ride.

I'm not going to get trapped by that again
MrPickwick likes this.
post #8 of 18 Old 01-05-2017, 3:38 AM Thread Starter

Surely there is a simple sleeve that slips over the top of the forks thus raising the clip on heights? Can't be that hard surely, we man on the moon in 1969
MrPickwick likes this.
post #9 of 18 Old 01-05-2017, 4:20 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by muso View Post
Surely there is a simple sleeve that slips over the top of the forks thus raising the clip on heights? Can't be that hard surely, we man on the moon in 1969
Hi Muso,there are such things as fork extenders, but they are impractical and in my view dangerous, also you lose the adjustment on the forks, apart from straight handlebars and risers , as the German set , they've got you by the nuts. Bill
muso likes this.
post #10 of 18 Old 01-05-2017, 6:06 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

Just one more Muso, this has got its own video. Bill
Adjustable Billet CNC Clip On Ons Handlebar 43mm Black HD1 | eBay
post #11 of 18 Old 01-05-2017, 7:33 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 58

When aftermarket companies advertise RISE of the clip-ons, it's the measurement over zero... not OEM. Most aftermarket companies have no idea what each individual manufacturer, model, or year's clip-ons' measurement of "rise" is. To be honest, that'd take a TON of research to cover every model. I'm quite surprised if ebay sellers even know the forktube diameters, to be able to accurately advertise a motorcycle MODEL.

Best bet it to research/measure your specific machine's forktubes (at the top), and height (over zero) of OEM bars before looking into replacing them. Don't forget to factor in brake & throttle lines and clearance of fairings when considering risers. I'm not being a "know-it-all", and hope I don't come across as one. BUT, this thread will surely be read by others than just the OP, and these are things that I too had to learn when I considered raising my bars to a more comfortable upright riding position.

postscript: CBR 954s OEM clip-ons are right around 2" higher than zero, and would be a relatively inexpensive "upgrade" utilizing factory parts... just sayin'
muso likes this.

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #12 of 18 Old 01-05-2017, 7:36 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

I almost forgot... there are also aftermarket triple-tree (top) mounts that "step down" to the forktubes, so that clip-ons can be mounted ABOVE the triple-tree. That is also an option.
muso likes this.

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #13 of 18 Old 01-05-2017, 8:42 AM Thread Starter

Wow, thanks for all that unslow1 Great info

My stock cbr 600 f4i clip ons sit above the tree already, I think only the cbr 600 RR models are below the tree.
So are fireblade 954 clip ons interchangeable with cbr 600's (43 mm fork diameter) It would be great if they were taller than the oem F4i ones.
I looked into different clip ons from different bikes (even other makes Kawasaki Yamaha etc) but not sure what would fit.

In my opinion a store operating out of ebay should know what they are selling, and what they will fit and what they will do. I buy an umbrella to keep the rain off, I buy 1" rise bars to raise my bikes bars by 1" (a bit of a silly comparison I know) but if I'm paying for something to do a particular thing then I expect it to be able to do that.

I expect the Ebay store to know what he is selling rather than just knowing how to cover his arse.
post #14 of 18 Old 01-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

you're welcome... just wish I could've got it to you sooner.

I see that! Not sure, but I've never seen OEM clip-ons above the triple-tree before. Not saying that they don't come that way, I've just never seen it

Don't quote me, but I believe 954 forktubes are 50mm, so if yours are 43mm, then they are probably UNcompatible. I'd continue your research (Google is my friend), and see what you come up with.

I understand your frustration. Having been on both sides has given me the perspective that the buyer is ultimately responsible for fitment. Yes the sellers have a responsibility to accurately advertise what they're selling, but only the buyer knows exactly what they're looking for. Did the seller at any time say those clip-ons with 1" rise will provide 1" OVER stock? If so, then that's misleading and dishonest. Most sellers do not make that claim. Usually, when they list a compatible machine, it's the forktube size, and it's for the sake of getting more "hits" on their ad. I'd be so bold to say that most riders have no idea what size forktubes they have, and just search "(make/model/size) clip-ons rise" and go from there. A little bit of research goes a long way. As they say in the construction business "measure twice, cut once".

Keep your chin up. Do some more thorough research. You'll be okay. Some lessons are a bit more painful... and expensive to learn

_Casey

post #15 of 18 Old 01-05-2017, 6:22 PM Thread Starter

This is my stock clip ons which sit above the tree, I assume other 600 F4i's do to.

Here's the listing for the 1" riser bars, pretty generic, all it does is cover the seller's arse, but 1" riser bars all the same. I'm going to see if he will exchange for a Gel battery which is about the same price, paypal does have pretty good buyer protection if a product doesn't do what it's intended function is, but i will try and work it out with him though.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture listing 1.PNG‎   Capture listing 2.PNG‎   Capture 1.PNG‎  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in