93 CBR F2 Starts and Runs Great for a few miles than dies - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-07-2017, 2:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

93 CBR F2 Starts and Runs Great for a few miles than dies

My CBR keeps embarrassing me. The bike starts up great with choke and runs fine for several minutes or about 5-10 miles than it feels like an air brake is holding it back as it dies. I roll the throttle and it doesn't respond. I pull off the road for maybe 5 minutes and it starts up and throttle has plenty of response. I roll it hard because i have to enter back on the highway and entering faster is usually the best way to safely achieve that. However several miles down the road I am looking like the fool as I am sitting and waiting to repeat the process. I have changed out the plugs. I have changed the petcock a few times first time was a new "China" one = Junk. so I bought a used oem one off ebay. and it seems to work I think. I have tried riding with the fuel cap not locked down and it seemed to improve some. But there is still something throwing the kybosh on my bike? I ride it without the fairing now because I may have to work on it. I have a new rectifier and a new sweet lithium battery.(that works awesome) new vacuum line, new fuel line, new K&N air filter, new cables, etc.. Oh yea and a Jardine slip on too. I just want to ride without mechanical worries someday. I have the need, to ride! Thanks for taking interest in my situation I really do appreciate any advice, thoughts or suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-07-2017, 6:50 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 58

Re: 93 CBR F2 Starts and Runs Great for a few miles than dies

I never had this problem with either of my F2s, but do you have problems at WOT or any "stuttering"? Thinking that you have the correct plugs, wires are in adequate condition, and you have good contact there, what's the condition of the fuel filter?

Have you had your carbeurators(s) cleaned or rebuilt lately? Those F2s are 25 years old now, and will require quite a bit of maintenance regarding seals, gaskets, and such.

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 3 Old 05-07-2017, 6:53 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 58

Re: 93 CBR F2 Starts and Runs Great for a few miles than dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldude View Post
I have changed out the plugs. I have changed the petcock a few times first time was a new "China" one = Junk. so I bought a used oem one off ebay. and it seems to work I think.
This is also a problem. Is the money you saved by purchasing "used" worth the "it seems to work I think."

It wouldn't be to me. Proper repairs the first time = far less headaches + cheaper.

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Tags
f2 fuel problem , f2 stalls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page