99 600 f4 idle and warm idle issues - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By IanDoohan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-28-2017, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

99 600 f4 idle and warm idle issues

Just found this forum and figured id give it a shot.
Got a 99 600 f4, the guy said he did the carbs on it and plugs. Well i have been having idle issues with it. I can set idle to 1300rpm but it will bounce to almost cutting off to 2000 or more rpm or i can set it and give it some gas and it will stay at 2500 to 3000 rpm then have to reset the idle. also i can give it some throttle and it kinda hangs on the rpm to a slow decline. I went ahead and reset the air/fuel mixture and the idle doesn't bounce around as much but still does, give it a little throttle and still hang a bit before dropping and also when the bike is at running temp its seems to want to die out more often at idle. Any ideas on what else to check? I have searched all over google and i get some with same issues with no fix or old threads that never post a fix.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-29-2017, 3:22 AM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 101

Garage
Re: 99 600 f4 idle and warm idle issues

I would start by getting a manual, removing the carbs, and going through them yourself. Learn how they work, find all the tiny parts that come out, and see how small the passage ways are. That's how I learned, and became good enough to stop them like this, to ensure they're clean:

Usually surging and rpms that hang up are associated with a lean condition. But it could be a number of things.

One easy one is to make sure your throttle grip isn't rubbing on anything. Sometimes the grip binds up on the switch gear pod. Make sure the grip snaps back after WFO.
unslow1 likes this.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #3 of 3 Old 05-29-2017, 8:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: 99 600 f4 idle and warm idle issues

throttle snaps back no problem there. i have a manual and a rebuild kit coming for the carbs already. i have rebuilt carbs before just didnt want to do it if it wasnt needed. was hoping it was something simple (yeah right). i have checked a few other things as well making sure the charging system was working correctly which it is and i also changed the fuel filter and shortened the gas line from the tank to the filter because it was to long and kinda pinched off a bit but still no change. Fuel pump primes like it should too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page