1996 CBR600 F3 need info - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

7Likes
  • 1 Post By Cruizer67
  • 1 Post By IanDoohan
  • 1 Post By Cruizer67
  • 1 Post By Cruizer67
  • 1 Post By IanDoohan
  • 2 Post By Cruizer67

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-22-2018, 1:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

1996 CBR600 F3 need info

Hello everyone. I recently picked up a CBR for 400 from a co worker. He had it sitting in his garage for quite a few years. There are parts that are missing. Seems as if someone took rear tire off and forgot to replace all the parts when they put it back on. The chain is gone as well as the rear caliper bracket (its on order). What is also missing is the spacers that go on the rear axle shaft I believe that are shaft collars but can be mistaken by the name. I will upload a photo that shows it. But in the service manual on page 13-0. It shows them as going next to the wheel. Being a machinist I can fabricate what I need. However the one thing I don’t have are dimensions. Is there any one who could help me out with this. Much appreciated it you can. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
image_1527008756595.jpg‎  
MrPickwick likes this.

If it doesn’t exist I can make one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-22-2018, 3:00 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 101

Garage
Re: 1996 CBR600 F3 need info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruizer67 View Post
Hello everyone. I recently picked up a CBR for 400 from a co worker. He had it sitting in his garage for quite a few years. There are parts that are missing. Seems as if someone took rear tire off and forgot to replace all the parts when they put it back on. The chain is gone as well as the rear caliper bracket (its on order). What is also missing is the spacers that go on the rear axle shaft I believe that are shaft collars but can be mistaken by the name. I will upload a photo that shows it. But in the service manual on page 13-0. It shows them as going next to the wheel. Being a machinist I can fabricate what I need. However the one thing I don’t have are dimensions. Is there any one who could help me out with this. Much appreciated it you can. Thanks.
Looking at Partzilla.com the brake side spacer is the same as a 93 900RR, and the chain side is the same as a 99 900RR. Of which, I have both. It may take a day or two, but I'll see what I have for spares to get some dimensions.
MrPickwick likes this.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #3 of 8 Old 05-22-2018, 5:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot... I was also missing the chain adjusters and just got done building a set .. i dont know what the guy who had this bike was doing with it but hopefully i will be able to get it back in running shape again. I will post pictures later..

thanks
MrPickwick likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-25-2018, 4:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
Looking at Partzilla.com the brake side spacer is the same as a 93 900RR, and the chain side is the same as a 99 900RR. Of which, I have both. It may take a day or two, but I'll see what I have for spares to get some dimensions.
I have bitten the bullet and ordered a rear axle with the spacers as well as the washer thing at the end that is under the nut..
I also ordered the Bracket to mount the rear caliper.. I will measure and draw (solidworks file) and post all dimensions for spacers for future reference

and while i was at doing all this for the rear tire I machined some chain adjusters

now all I need is time at home to be able to see how it all fits.. will have to wait a few days to get the axle and spacers , but not to worry there is a bunch of other stuff that needs attention

Should i start a post and keep track of everything that I fix and find wrong as well as parts that i make to replace parts.. As I said I am a machinist and have CNC and manual machines at my disposal

thanks all
Attached Thumbnails
image3.png‎   image1.jpeg‎   image2.jpeg‎   image1 (1).jpeg‎  

IanDoohan likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-25-2018, 7:13 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruizer67 View Post
I have bitten the bullet and ordered a rear axle with the spacers as well as the washer thing at the end that is under the nut..
I also ordered the Bracket to mount the rear caliper.. I will measure and draw (solidworks file) and post all dimensions for spacers for future reference

and while i was at doing all this for the rear tire I machined some chain adjusters

now all I need is time at home to be able to see how it all fits.. will have to wait a few days to get the axle and spacers , but not to worry there is a bunch of other stuff that needs attention

Should i start a post and keep track of everything that I fix and find wrong as well as parts that i make to replace parts.. As I said I am a machinist and have CNC and manual machines at my disposal

thanks all

Ah phuck, I dropped the ball and forgot. Usually I’m pretty helpful around here
MrPickwick likes this.

post #6 of 8 Old 05-25-2018, 7:50 PM Thread Starter

No worries. Since I will have the bike apart more than together for a little while. If there is something anyone needs dimensions on. Please feel free to ask. Within reason of course. 😃
IanDoohan and MrPickwick like this.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-06-2018, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Question. I can cannot get my bike to run Eddie even idle and it sounds like it's misfiring it my main question is is there a way I can bypass the TPS sensor
post #8 of 8 Old 06-06-2018, 2:54 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeF3 View Post
Question. I can cannot get my bike to run Eddie even idle and it sounds like it's misfiring it my main question is is there a way I can bypass the TPS sensor
Go to introductions, post a bit about yourself and what you're working on. Then in the cbr600 section begin your own thread about your specific issue/question. I'm sure you'll get the answers you're looking for.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page