wiring diagram for coils and plugs - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

4Likes
  • 2 Post By richfitz
  • 1 Post By MrPickwick
  • 1 Post By richfitz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-21-2018, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

wiring diagram for coils and plugs

hi everyone, i recently bought a 1995 cbr 600 f3, it hasn't run in years so the first thing i did is tear the carbs down, cleaned them out really well, and put them back together, new plugs new oil . i have it running but it seems that cylinders 3 and 4 are not working. the header pipes get barely luke warm on those cylinders and the other two are really hot. I pulled the plugs, i can smell gas on them, and they do have spark when i ground them out and turn the bike over. so now im wondering if the wires aren't connected to the coils in the right order. can someone tell me what plugs are connected to which coils? I havent been able to find a manual online in pdf form, and I dont want to wait two weeks for one to come in the mail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-21-2018, 2:19 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

Re: wiring diagram for coils and plugs

Each coil has two outputs which go to a pair of cylinders with the pistons in phase e.g. one coil will connect to spark plugs 1 and 4, the other will connect to 2 and 3. If you have the HT leads on 3 and 4 swapped then you'd expect only 1 and 2 to run.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-21-2018, 2:27 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)

Garage

Left coil for 1and 4 Right coil 2 and 3
Attached Thumbnails
Wiring.JPG‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-21-2018, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys, im going to check out the wires in the morning and let you know how i make out. the coils are labelled 1 and 2 on the left and the ones on the right are labelled 3 and 4 but not sure thats how the wires are run. the bike is a bit of a mystery I bought it from an owner who knew nothing about it, its' showing 18,000 kms on the odometer, but the engine looks like its never been run. the gaskets are definitely new, have no run time on them, the paint is still all on the header pipe with no discoloration, its got a bunch of aftermarket parts on the engine as well, side covers valve covers and the oil pump and cooler pieces are all made by traksport. and to install most of the parts the engine would have had to of been out of the bike, so i have no idea if the mileage is original or what. bought it as a father son project, hoping to get it up and running top notch!
jon 8214 and MrPickwick like this.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-22-2018, 6:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by richfitz View Post
thanks guys, im going to check out the wires in the morning and let you know how i make out. the coils are labelled 1 and 2 on the left and the ones on the right are labelled 3 and 4 but not sure thats how the wires are run. the bike is a bit of a mystery I bought it from an owner who knew nothing about it, its' showing 18,000 kms on the odometer, but the engine looks like its never been run. the gaskets are definitely new, have no run time on them, the paint is still all on the header pipe with no discoloration, its got a bunch of aftermarket parts on the engine as well, side covers valve covers and the oil pump and cooler pieces are all made by traksport. and to install most of the parts the engine would have had to of been out of the bike, so i have no idea if the mileage is original or what. bought it as a father son project, hoping to get it up and running top notch!
From what your saying defo looks like the plugs have been wired incorrectly, as the guys have said left coil sitting on seat does 2 & 3 and the right coil does 1 & 4
post #6 of 7 Old 07-22-2018, 7:29 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)

Garage

Yeh reading my post, I gave you a bum steer, but here you go, firing order 1 2 4 3
Attached Thumbnails
Coils.JPG‎  
jon 8214 likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-23-2018, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

thanks everyone for the information, I pulled the coils off and sure enough, they had the wires labelled wrong and on the wrong cylinder, I switched them to the proper cylinders and its running like a top. Still a little rough at idle, so I'm going to have the carbs synched at the shop (I don't have acces to vacuum gauges, and I'll probably never use them again so kinda pointless to buy some) Having an issue with the rear brake line leaking between the plunger and the reservoir, looks like someone replaced the line with one too short and its not sitting low enough on the nipple of the plunger. Should be an easy fix.. I hope..lol thanks again guys i really appreciate the help!
jon 8214 likes this.

Last edited by richfitz; 07-23-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page