Not turning over - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrPickwick

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-21-2018, 4:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Not turning over

Here's what I know: 1996 cbr600f3, I ride it on the weekends, this morning (July 21) I went out and turned the fuel on, turned the key, hit the start button. It fired right up. I then stalled it adjusting the choke.
I hit the starter agin and this happend.....( this is all i get from it now been a few hiurs checking my connections and scratching my head lol) Under the seat where all my wire connections start in front of the battery a heard a click. Then sounds like from within the engine I hear a low hissing noise. I thought maybe my starter is going bad? Battery was at full charge also. Any ideas are appreciated. And thanks to all the other post that helped me rebuild it earlier this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-21-2018, 4:30 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)

Garage
Re: Not turning over

Hi Dan welcome to the forum, looks like initially it stalled out with too much petrol (flooded) , the non start clicking could be a loose or poor cable to the starter motor , if you kept trying to start it there could wet plugs , whip them out and take a look , the hissing sound I'm not sure of ,but try opening your petrol tank filler while you try to start , could be vacuum in there
IanDoohan likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-28-2018, 9:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ok so Ive traced every connection on my bike, I made sure all the wires are clean and tight fitting when replaced. still does this, Im starting to think from the new research Ive done that either my battery doesnt have high enough output, or my starter might be going bad? does anyone have the optimal output for this model for my battery stats? or a link to said knowledge. Thank you for youre help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-28-2018, 10:14 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)

Garage

Hi Daniel , here's the stats for the battery 8Ah should be enough to start, seems if the engine turns over starter motor is OK, when was the last time the carbs were cleaned , as you said earlier that it stalled when you touched the choke it could be jets
Edit , sorry matey does the engine not turn over at all
Attached Thumbnails
Stats.JPG‎  

Last edited by MrPickwick; 07-28-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page