06 CBR600RR Fuel Pump Issues - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

5Likes
  • 2 Post By MrPickwick
  • 3 Post By Troy Jordan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-08-2019, 9:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

06 CBR600RR Fuel Pump Issues

I was out riding my bike the other day when I realized I was super low on gas. I stopped at the nearest gas station which only had regular gas and put in a gallon. I drove home and the next day my bike wouldn't start. I tried filling it with premium and adding 1/4 can of seafoam and i still couldn't get it to start.

A few weeks later I'm getting back at it to try and get it working (I have tried to start it sporadicly throughout the weeks) After taking the gas tank off and checking some things i have noticed that my fuel pump is no longer running. I'm not sure if this is a new occurance or if this is a wild coincidence after 35,000 miles. Things I have done:

Jumped the fuel pump directly to the battery. The fuel pump started right up. I did have to connect the ground and the yellow wire. Connecting the black and the red did not work. (Anybody know why there are 3 wires to this?)

Pulled the gas hose off of the fuel rod and verified gas is cycling through

Checked the relay, it has the same input as output. My headlight also works which i have read runs off the same relay?

Double, triple, quadruple checked that my kill switch is in the off position. The bike is in nuetral.

The bike turns over so I sprayed starting fluid into the air box. I had a few kicks but nothing consistent. I'm wondering at this point if i even have good spark

Any idea's of what i should be trying next? I'm starting to run out of ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-09-2019, 1:23 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)

Garage
Re: 06 CBR600RR Fuel Pump Issues

Hi the Red/Black wire of the 3 is the fuel sensor to the clocks, the pump has a fuel cut relay on the Brown wire, try swapping that relay with the headlight relay as that one works
Attached Thumbnails
fuel cut.JPG‎   Headlight relayJPG.JPG‎  
IanDoohan and chuckhunter like this.

Last edited by MrPickwick; 01-09-2019 at 3:39 AM. Reason: Adding Pictures
post #3 of 4 Old 01-10-2019, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You are my hero. I guess i don't really know what input/output the relay should have but i thought since there was some it was good. Swapped the headlight and fuel cutoff relays like you suggested and it started right up. I cant thank you enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-10-2019, 1:55 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)

Garage

No problem @Troy Jordan , its just one of the checks thats easy to do (those 4 relays work the same) but your gonna need another new one, their cheap enough so get a couple

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page