Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

service manual / idle adjust

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  nigelrb 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2015 CBR600RR about a month ago. Does anyone know if/where I can get a free PDF copy of the service manual?? I've Googled it, but can only find sites that require you to pay for one. Also, there doesn't seem to be an idle adjustment screw on this bike like there was on my old 2000 CBR929. How do you adjust idle rev on this bike?? I'm hoping you don't have to rip half the bike apart to do so. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
You won't find any PDF "free" links here, the mods don't allow it (copywrite or dumb sh!t like that).

As far as the idle adjustment knob, if there wasn't a huge design change from 08-15, it still should be a knurled knob hiding somewhere near your left knee, maybe attached to a coolant or drain/breather hose.

#3 ·
Thanks Ian. I didn't necessarily mean finding a free service manual link on this site, but also on any other one. I've looked very closely on both the left and right side of the bike and don't see the idle adjustment knob. I'd hope they wouldn't make it that difficult to adjust the idle.

#9 ·
So I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier but, Partzilla shows it was last on the 06. Everything from there up to 2015 didn't have the adjuster listed as a separate part to buy, and was absent from the Throttle Body Fiche picture. Looks like it is in fact gonzo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.