Help - Stalled and never restarted
I Own a CBR600rr 2003 model with 9000miles on the clock. To cut long story short as I was about to pull out of the drive the engine stalled and has never restarted.
I use the bike everyday to get to work which was anything from a 10 to 40 mile ride each day, until the last 3 weeks where it has been a 4 minute ride to work.
I own this bike for 4months and done 500miles, and for those miles I have been using regular unleaded petrol instead of super unleaded
I took the path of disconnecting the Power Commander which made no difference.
At which point I passed it onto a friend who is a bike mechanic.
1. Plugs where checked and are fine.
2. On turning the ignition on you can here the fuel pump. (there is fuel in the bike , as I checked and filled it half full)
3. When trying to start the bike he opened the throttle wide and you could hear a slight attempt to start. But very slight.
4. When he did a compression test the psi was 80 or less for each cylinder.
5. On taking the engine apart there is heavy carbon build up!?! Could this be from the short 4minute ride to work?
He is hoping that on cleaning the pistons it will work, but who knows.
Any ideas as we have been banging our heads against a wall with this??