97 cbr 600 f3 won't start....HELP!!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-26-2008, 2:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

97 cbr 600 f3 won't start....HELP!!!

I just bought this bike a couple weeks ago. I rode it the night I got it and started it again the next afternoon. Later that night I tried to start it again and it wouldn't start. It sounds like it is going to but just won't start. This bike just had a tune up in Dec. and the plugs, filters were changed and carbs cleaned. I pulled the plugs, dried them, checked the gap and put them back in. The plugs looked to be brand new. Since then I have tried to start it repeatedly and even used all the recommended starting techniques outlined by the manual with no luck. Any ideas on what I could do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-24-2008, 5:26 AM

Re: 97 cbr 600 f3 won't start....HELP!!!

... make sure your choke lever is in the closed position and also inspect all your vaccume lines to see if anything is loose or has dry rot and needs to be replaced. also, make sure that your fuel petcock is turned "on" and that you have gas in the tank... and maybe you might want to pull the tank, drain the gas into a gas can and then pull the fuel petcock off and inspect it, sometimes dirt/grit can easily block the flow of fuel to your carbs.

just a few casual thoughts, good luck!
post #3 of 4 Old 04-24-2008, 9:06 AM

you could also check the voltage your battery is putting out. If it's low, it could be your regulator (same thing happened to me 3 weeks after buying my '97 F3).

Cheers,

joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-28-2008, 5:42 AM

I agree with CBR JOE regarding battery . Another problem similar that occurred on the 1990 CBR600f that I am using at the moment, with the previous owner - who admitted to dropping it at least once a month (grief)! HE replaced all manner of iginition parts and even the generator, took it to places to be looked at and somehow everyone missed that the battery had no fluid in it. I can understand why as it looks like a sealed battery. - Over the months of dropping it he had literarally drained it! The thing is that it started instantaniously on a bump start. I refilled it with acid from the local car mechanics garage and now - miraculously - it holds a charge as if it was new. It also starts - as long as I dont touch choke until just AFTER it has started. It only needs a quarter of the entire movement available on the choke lever. In seconds the engine is runnig well but that initial second or so of starting is just the knack of finding the idiosyncisity of that particular bike - good luck!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page