Fun Fun Fun - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-06-2008, 9:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Fun Fun Fun

Well after I got my 1987 600 sorted with the cutting out problems I have had nothing but fun on her.
She runs like a dream, pulls like a train, and accelerates like a cheetah with it's bum on fire, a couple of my friends have been amazed at how quick she is considering how old she is, one of them has a GPZ1100 and the other has a Triumph Sprint RS.
The only downside at the moment is the front break is a little poor but that can be sorted with some sintered pads.
I also had a nail go in the rear so had to replace both tyres as they don't make the ones that were fitted when I bought the bike, since then it has done nothing but rain so I have not been able to scrub them in normally I'm an all weather rider but to be honest it is scaring the hell out of me when I go out in the wet and I'm soooo slow round corners that push bikes are passing me but hey,,, it won't rain for ever

AL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-16-2008, 7:05 PM
TMF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Fun Fun Fun

I've had an '87 CBR600 for 8 years and love it. Learned a lot about the bike. The only real problem I ever have is that I usually have to bump start it in the Spring and if it sits for a couple of weeks. The problem got much better after a switch to iridium spark plugs. I figure the combination of maybe some weak ignition and a relatively small battery caused the starting problem. Installed a Corbin seat, throttle rocker and 5" longer screen and can take some long rides that way.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page