do you have hawkgt sssa on your f2/3? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-13-2008, 3:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Send a message via Yahoo to FWBRC51
do you have hawkgt sssa on your f2/3?

do you have a nt650 hawk gt sssa on your f2/3? what shock did you use? the f2/3 shock is too short. i have a 97 vfr shock, though it seems like it might be long enough overall, i have some clearance issues at the swingarm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-14-2008, 7:51 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 26

Re: do you have hawkgt sssa on your f2/3?

Sorry, my nt650 hawk gt sssa is on my nt650 hawk gt. Gotta love the look of that thing.

And the hawk gt, even if it isn't a fireblade, is one sweet bike.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-12-2008, 6:14 AM

I have a VFR 750 swingarm on my F3. I used my regular shock plus a custom shock linkage my friend made for me. I made a write up on this mod its not as technical but it will point you in the right direction. Email me at [email protected] and I will send you the write up. Also below is a link for my CBR 600 F3 with the VFR swingarm.

YouTube - CBR 600 F3 WITH R1 RACE BAFFALS EXHAUST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-29-2010, 9:56 AM

Reputation Power: 10

Hey, Did you ever come up with a solution? I'm doing the same mod to my F2 right now, And am having the same issue with the shock.

Please let me know if you came up with somthing.

Thank you!
post #5 of 9 Old 09-30-2010, 7:43 AM Thread Starter

I never did finish the project. It's been about 2 years since I fooled around with it. I think that my last thoughts were that I was having problems with the shock issue. I know that I did buy a Superhawk shock, but I don't remember what I concluded with that. I think it made the bike sit a little taller, which I guess wouldn't be bad either. I also have another problem, which is that my hawk gt sssa has no internals, but this 97 vfr sssa i have does. the problem is that it seems that the parts are basically "frozen" in the sssa and i can't get the internals in it to free up. I've looked at drawings and basically everything should just come out, but it doesn't. grrr. anyways, my brother just picked up a hawk gt so we'll be doing some work with it, restoration basically, but I have a feeling that this will (crossing my fingers) motivate me to get back to work on the f2. my biggest problems is money for parts needed.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-01-2010, 9:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWBRC51 View Post
I never did finish the project. It's been about 2 years since I fooled around with it. I think that my last thoughts were that I was having problems with the shock issue. I know that I did buy a Superhawk shock, but I don't remember what I concluded with that. I think it made the bike sit a little taller, which I guess wouldn't be bad either. I also have another problem, which is that my hawk gt sssa has no internals, but this 97 vfr sssa i have does. the problem is that it seems that the parts are basically "frozen" in the sssa and i can't get the internals in it to free up. I've looked at drawings and basically everything should just come out, but it doesn't. grrr. anyways, my brother just picked up a hawk gt so we'll be doing some work with it, restoration basically, but I have a feeling that this will (crossing my fingers) motivate me to get back to work on the f2. my biggest problems is money for parts needed.
Thanks for replying!

Do you have the measurements of the superhawk shock? And does it have around the same spring rate?
I might look into buying one if it is close.

I was looking at the fox's/penskes as they have adjustable height and looked like they cleared the swingarm.
If you could get pics of the shock on the bike that would be great!

I've heard people say they struggle getting the vfr spindle off before, I even heard that a guy had to go and get it heated up with a torch and pressed out

I'm going to be after a vfr 8 spoke rim and spindle right after i get this shock issue sorted. If you're interested in selling anything, Let me know. I'll even trade my f2 rear end and cash if you need a rear end
post #7 of 9 Old 10-02-2010, 9:20 PM Thread Starter

I never took any measurements or pictures. as of now, i have the f2/3 swingarm on it with the 5" rear. at the time of my frustration with the rear i also had other issues with the bike, so i figured that it would be better for me to finish building up the bike with the original rear then after the build is complete, then i'd go figure out how to convert it sssa. it looks to me like the hawk gt sssa would give me much less problems with the shock issue than the 97 vfr sss that i also have, so more than likely i will try to take the internals of the 97 vfr sssa and move them into the hawk gt sssa, which i think that there are very minor parts differences...if any..., then i have my choice of a black 97 vfr 5 spoke rim or a white 8 spoke from the earlier generation vfr, which both i have. i will likely repaint the white 8 spoke to a brighter white to use...if i ever get this project rollin' again.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-03-2010, 1:55 AM

Well I'd be interested in the 8 spoke for sure if you were selling it for the right price but might also be interested in the 5 spoke if you decide you want to sell the one you don't use.

Just PM me a price if you want to sell one.
I'm trying to figure out a linkage for my hawk setup, I'll let you know what I come. up with
post #9 of 9 Old 10-28-2010, 9:51 AM

Bought a VFR1000F 1998 shock, It is indeed too long. (346mm, We need a 330mm or so shock)
The vfr1000 sp1/sp2 IS 326mm long, which could work, BUT it has a fork instead of an eye lit on the bottom shock mount.

More research!

I have a few guys trying to figure out/design a linkage system to work, we'll see what the outcome is.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page