Glendora Ridge Road ride MISHAP - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-15-2008, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Glendora Ridge Road ride MISHAP

So I Went up to Mt Baldy and rode on glendora ridge road on sunday. It was a fun ride . I was a little surprised not to see that many riders up there though. It was about 930am. but anyways this was my third time up there and almost had my first mishap. I was coming around a turn and hit some loose dirt and felt my front tire slide and then i brought the bike straight up and it got traction again. My question is...Is that the right thing to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-15-2008, 11:45 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Re: Glendora Ridge Road ride MISHAP

It obviously saved your a$$ the only thing is on that road if you are going back down to the bottom and you stand it up in the middle of a turn theres the chance you will go over the cliff and once you hit the dirt before the burm, ouch... I actually went down up there on 07-07-2007 bummer same way hit some dirt trying to stick to the right side of the road because theres no charity stripe,Little bit too hot lost traction stood the bike up and ended up locking the brakes trying not to go over the cliff hit the dirt and ate it, i was wearing a Joe rocket Kevlar jacket that shredded trhu, raspberry forearm my alpine star boots save my toes tho, but my dummass was wearing jeans and yup scraped my knee down to the kneecap had a laceration the size of a silver dollar down to the bone, the good thing is that fore some broken fairings and used frame sliders i rode it home to the wifes suprise...
as far as if is the right thing to do? in a situation like those its more of instinctive reaction than a real processed reaction i wish i was as lucky as you were.
that is a bitching road tho, and glendora mountain road is even better....

Shiny side up man!

swaying to the symphony of destruction!!!!
post #3 of 6 Old 09-15-2008, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Yea that really did wake me up. I still dont have the guts to do GMR it scares the hell out of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-15-2008, 11:56 PM

Reputation Power: 50

GMR is the shittsnishh really cool road but i agree with you it's verry technical and demanding.

swaying to the symphony of destruction!!!!
post #5 of 6 Old 09-16-2008, 2:05 AM Thread Starter

post #6 of 6 Old 09-16-2008, 2:50 AM

Reputation Power: 17

glad it turned out ok for you.. in that situation just don't panic.. have faith in the ability of your tires to get grip.. it prolly wasn't sliding as much as you thought it was.. i'll feel mine start to break loose, but regrip.. the key is to remain steady on the throttle... don't grab a bunch of brakes when you're in a turn and don't grab a bunch of throttle either.. look through the turn and maintain throttle position.. it will hold the line..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page