cbr 600f2 splutter - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-24-2008, 8:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

cbr 600f2 splutter

Hi to you all slight problem ihave on cbr600 f2

bike seems to run fine for a while then stops try to restart and bike seems to be missfiring or wont even start. the bike sounds as if its firing on 2 cylinders

after reading a couple of issues on here i may have a couple of solutions but!

about six months ago battery was flat so i recharged it with car battery but was told afterwards that this was a no no battery would not hold charge so prosumed i had cooked it new battery installed about 1 month fine, but then the spluttering satarted fuel was about 1 yr old so changed that ok 4 a while but started again tnite.

a new regulator was fitted about 2yrs ago but could i have damaged this while charging the old battery? also had to replace both front headlamp bulbs after suddenly going out 2 weeks ago.

please someone help i want to get back on rd with out breaking down

cheers chris

another idea could one of the coils be braking down?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-25-2008, 10:46 AM

Reputation Power: 12

Re: cbr 600f2 splutter

Sounds like your regulator/rectifier went out, overcharging, cooking your battery. Check your charging system voltage at 3000~3500 rpms, if it's over about 14.2V to 14.5V, it's bad.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-10-2008, 5:13 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: cbr 600f2 splutter

If your bike had gas just sitting in it for a long time you need to clean the tank, replace fuel lines, clean carb, and get a tune up. The electrical probs could be a few things. #1 check all fuses. #2 make sure all hot and ground connections are solid. Loose connections can really screw things up. If the bike started and ran after trying to charge dead battery, it's not the regulator. It wouldn't hurt to have it checked though. 9 times out of 10, when you have electrical probs, it's normally bad connections, fuses, or a short some where. From the battery follow all wires, check to make sure there aren't any breaks in wires, and they aren't grounding out some where. Check all connections front to back. If you cant find anything and still having probs, take it to a service shop and have them look at it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page