Need test voltage readings for the tach at idle - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 10-05-2008, 7:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Need test voltage readings for the tach at idle

Hi all,

Well I've had a bit of a mishap with my bike as of late. I went for a ride a couple of weeks back and had my battery exploded and left me on the side of the road. Now that I have had a chance to really assess the damage, it killed my clutch diode and turn signal flasher module and two fuses. I can only assume that when the battery blew it spiked or grounded the entire electrical system. I have replaced the low beam headlight bulb, turn signal flasher, and the clutch diode. Now I have no tach and speedo. What I am looking for are the specific readings from a (multimeter) for three specific wires. First, (at the connectors for the cluster) (I can help with the connector locations if need be) the voltage measurement from the yellow wire with green stripe to the solid green colored wire. I need the voltage supplied at idle. I have reviewed 3 different service manuals (f3,f4i,600rr)that show a peak voltage adapter and that the voltage should be 10.5 volts. My voltage shows around .1 to .2 increasing with rpm. The wiring diagram shows the wires responsible for tach operation to be the same for all three models of bikes. So anyone that has there bike even slightly taken apart that is feeling helpful please help a brother biker. The other measurement will require a rear stand. Please if any of you have the time and equipment i would be greatly in your debt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page