throttle and bar question..... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 1:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

throttle and bar question.....

- What is the piece called at the end of the bars where the bar ends are supposed to thread in? That peice is missing off of the throttle side, planning on buying a new throttle sleeve but dont know what the threaded peice is called, cant even thread my bar end on the throttle side yet because of the missing threads. Its just an empty hole right now.

i'm thinkiing its part #'s 8,10 & 11 - -

My bike had been wrecked and the throttle sleeve is broken at the end, could this cause a sticky throttle ?? or can oiling it help.

- Do i have to detach the throttle cable completely to oil it? I can pull back on the throttle and it slowly...very slowly will rotate back forward. I can manually twist it back forward but i dont think it is supposed to stick like this. Thinking when i let off throttle it should freely spin forward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 1:54 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Re: throttle and bar question.....

The handlebar weight? Not to be confused with the bar end.

A broken sleeve is one possibility, I would look at the entire throttle cable system.
post #3 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 2:31 PM Thread Starter

ok ya thats what i was thinking, the bar weight and not the bar end. I have aftermarket bar ends. Planning on changing the sleeve and buying the bar weight and other parts to fix the bar. Should have on the road in a few weeks.

Would post pics but dont know how....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 5:32 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 231

If the sleeve is damaged and or the clip just inside(if i remember correctly) is in similar shape it can cause the throttle to stick. This happened on my 600 few years back.

Looking at your findings, on mine 10 and 11 all seperated in the crash from 8. So i had to replace the lot as it kept fouling up in side and causing the throttle to stick ON. Wasn't helpfull for stopping

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog
post #5 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 6:42 PM Thread Starter

cut my grip off and all i have is the bar, missing parts 8,10,11 & 12

Not too bad can get the whole lot for around $35 from dealer or $25 off of internet

Cutting the grip off helped with the throttle sticking as well, road it around the block a couple times and it only stuck once without a grip. Hoping the throttle sleeve will correct this problem.

One more question -- Can i adjust the clutch line from the motor side so my clutch is pulled halfway in. Right now its adjusted so far out i can barely reach with my hands ( giving me cramps )

Here's some pics of the bike from the day i bought it, looks better in the pics than in person.

Last edited by bigboi18184; 11-09-2008 at 6:54 PM.
post #6 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 6:59 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi18184 View Post
cut my grip off and all i have is the bar, missing parts 8,10,11 & 12

Not too bad can get the whole lot for around $35 from dealer or $25 off of internet

Cutting the grip off helped with the throttle sticking as well, road it around the block a couple times and it only stuck once without a grip. Hoping the throttle sleeve will correct this problem.

One more question -- Can i adjust the clutch line from the motor side so my clutch is pulled halfway in. Right now its adjusted so far out i can barely reach with my hands ( giving me cramps )

Here's some pics of the bike from the day i bought it, looks better in the pics than in person.

check the throttle tube inside the house where the cables connect. when I crashed I check mine, put it all back together and it was pinching the tube cause the throttle to stick. turned out I bent the pin inside the housing that goes into the bar to keep it from rotating around the bar.

yes you can adjust the clutch done by the clutch cover. That end will give bigger adjustments than the lever end. just make sure you have the correct adjustment when you're done. the clutch should start to engage when the lever is about 1/4inch out from the bar.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #7 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 7:06 PM Thread Starter

ok thx, right now i have to let the clutch almost all the way out for it to engage. will check the housing later tonight, hope its something easy like that.
post #8 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 7:24 PM

On my 1000rr my right bar end spins and its never been crashed. It feels like its threaded into the weight but something at the other end is broken. How do you remove the weight and clip?
post #9 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 7:40 PM Thread Starter

hondatech.info has downloads of service manuals for honda bikes.

for the f4 its a 93 mb file. dont know about the 1000r
post #10 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 7:45 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

They are probably are also are under copyright protection.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page