2004 CBR600 F4i Braided Brake Line HELP! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 11-18-2008, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

2004 CBR600 F4i Braided Brake Line HELP!

I purchased a new motorcycle for my husband for Christmas a few years ago and now have an endless supply of things on his "wish list" for holidays and birthdays. Most of them are pretty easy, but the latest one is not so.

He has asked for steel braided brake lines for his bike. I have been to many websites to look for them and realize that there are so many different kinds and colors that I am at a loss. (His bike is black and yellow.)

Can any of you experts help me in choosing the best set for him?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-18-2008, 1:04 PM

Reputation Power: 36

Re: 2004 CBR600 F4i Braided Brake Line HELP!

Can I please marry you? Just kidding but someone on here will help you with the make. I'm sure all top brands are good though. As far as colors go, it gets kind of personal. Some how you should find out from him what color he prefers.
post #3 of 12 Old 11-18-2008, 1:25 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Here is a link to a site I use a lot for parts.
Goodridge Brake Lines - Goodridge Stainless Steel -2 Brake Lines Honda CBR600F4i - Indysuperbikes
This link if direct to the lines you need and you can choose front set or rear lines. If navigate around some you can also find a couple other options for this bike but these are the stainless steel ones.
These are Goodridge lines there are also Galfer and Spiegler. Honestly I think he will be ok with lines by any of them but if you want TOP of the line get Spielger. You can also get them in diff colors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 11-18-2008, 6:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzee View Post
Can I please marry you? Just kidding but someone on here will help you with the make. I'm sure all top brands are good though. As far as colors go, it gets kind of personal. Some how you should find out from him what color he prefers.

I really wanted him to get a new bike and after attending the MotorCycle Show in Dallas (he lives for that!), I thought giving him one for Christmas as a surprise would be too much fun! Luckily they delivered it as I do not ride and my neighbor hid it in his garage for me. He was so sweet and rolled it out to our front driveway at 4am so it was a huge surprise for him!

I wish I could attach a photo of it! It is super cool looking!
post #5 of 12 Old 11-18-2008, 6:48 PM

you have any single sisters!?
post #6 of 12 Old 11-18-2008, 7:16 PM

Reputation Power: 12

I have the goodridge stainless on mine with good performance.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-18-2008, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomwitha929 View Post
you have any single sisters!?
No, unfortunately the only one I have is married. But she wouldn't buy her husband a motorcycle anyway.

I looked up the Spiegler and there is a video on Youtube with the president of Spiegler on it talking about the brake lines hosted by Sportbiketracker.com and he seems to think that Spiegler is the best but there are other brands that are good also.

Color is my next dilema. I looked at the bike and you really can't see much of the back ones, but the front are very visable. He is very particular about things matching, so trying to match the yellow would be next to impossible. (It took him a year to find a fender that matched the yellow of the bike.) And he has already asked for new grips but he picked those out. So, I think that any kind of yellow is out.

Any color suggestions would be welcome from the experts!

Also, on the Spiegler website they had Aluminum banjo bolts pictured on the page with the brake lines. Are those the bolts that actually mount the lines onto the bike? Do I need to purchase some of those also?

Hey, I don't know much about bikes, but if you ever need a great recipe for the best lasagne you'll ever put in your mouth or some good TEXAS BBQ briskett, I'm your go-to-gal!
post #8 of 12 Old 11-18-2008, 11:09 PM

I believe they do have yellow lines but if the bike is black you can just get black lines they are always a safe bet. I like to do the lines in the third minor color like if the bike is black and yellow and has some red in the stickers then I do them in red just to set off the rest of the bike. There are also new lines ad by goodridge called carbo lines. They are all black and damn cool looking.
Goodridge CarboLine Brake Lines*::*Goodridge*::*Brakes*::*MotoMummy Sportbike Accessories

Usually the banjo bolts come with the kits but if not then yes you will need those
post #9 of 12 Old 11-18-2008, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Good idea about going with the minor color on the bike. I think there is a spot of red in the sticker. I'll have to wait until he goes to work, take off the cover and do some more detective work.

Great website (motomummy.com) BTW. I read about the custom colors and all the options, but they actually have a photo of it.

Can you think of anything to go with these that would be an extra surprise for him? I mean, he told me about the brake lines, but if I come up with something that he would never think I knew about, I would be super cool this Christmas! That would justify me asking for a diamond bracelet too!
post #10 of 12 Old 11-19-2008, 12:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to shakey1378

get upgraded brake pads to go with the lines or some adjustable levers like asv c5 levers or pazzo levers. do you have a spending limit cause bike goodies can get pricey. either way smart move to come on the forum for ideas all we have to do is look at our own wish lists.
post #11 of 12 Old 11-19-2008, 5:06 PM

Reputation Power: 31

I'm a fan of the Galfer lines, although you can't really go wrong with any of the brands. I think black is a safe bet on a black and yellow bike. You're right, the yellow will never match. I got my last set of lines from motomummy.com, good prices, fast shipping. I've also purchased from kyleusa.com, another awesome source. I think the Galfer lines still come with a banjo bolt for the master cylinder, very handy.
post #12 of 12 Old 12-26-2008, 8:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help!
He loved them! I went with black on black (safe choice). He was surprised.

Honda Wife in Texas

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page