02 f4i wont start....ideas? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-20-2008, 5:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

02 f4i wont start....ideas?

Ok so...i picked up another bike...never owned a honda before. So my friend owned it so I know its fine but heres what happened. I rode this bike a few times no problem at all. gettin cold so I want to get the fenders painted so I took them off...warmed the bike up then brought it inside to clean it up. started no prob. I finished cleaning it...tried to start it...it cranks smells like its gettin gas but wont start. The oil icon is flashing and there is a red light to the left of the nuetral light that blinks but there is not a symbol there? Like I said...cranks but wont start....please give me some ideas...I cecked the fuses...wires are connected. I heard something about the cut off button sometimes malfunctions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-20-2008, 5:47 PM

Re: 02 f4i wont start....ideas?

spray some wd40 around the killswitch and clutch to draw out the water. I don't think that's the problem, but it's worth a shot and won't damage the bike even if it doesn't fix it.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-20-2008, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

thanks ill give it a shot see what happens ill let you know. Ya Im just stumped cause it was running one min. and after a cleaning and tightening a few bolts it didnt want to start. Its my fifth bike and have never had this kind of problem...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-12-2009, 4:33 PM

if you took off your noise fairing chances are your tilt sensor is unplugged.... if this sensor is unplugged, or tilted it will not allow the bike to run. The red "box light" is the FI light, flashes when there is a problem......

Not to sound like a smart ass but how much fuel is in the bike...... if you run these bikes dry and try to start it up you will have a hell of a time..... took me about 20-30 mins to get my buddies RR going after he ran it dry....

GL
post #5 of 5 Old 02-14-2009, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

ya thanks....I fixed it a while ago it was in fact the tilt sensor. Ya got me man I was just cleaning the bike and was thinking wtf so I plugged the headlight back in to check and nothing because i didnt put the nose back on. thanks for the help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page