How much can you safely lower a 2007 CDR600RR?? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 12-21-2008, 4:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12

How much can you safely lower a 2007 CDR600RR??

Hiya All,

Short-$rse question

OK, you can buy susupension lowering kits (One claims, lower by 4.25" thats 108mm....)

But how much can you safely lower a 2007 CBR600RR? Be great to have a lower bike, but not if it keeps bottoming out riding along, and leaning over!

Cheers
Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-21-2008, 5:06 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: How much can you safely lower a 2007 CDR600RR??

the more you lower it the greater your chance of grounding the pegs and other parts in a turn. part of the reason why aftermarket rearsets are adjustable is for more ground clearance. I'd say leave it and just ride it unless you're a new rider and touching the ground is a problem.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-21-2008, 5:06 PM

Reputation Power: 13

I had mine lowered 3" in the back and a bout a inch and a half in the front, wouldnt recommend any lower than that, but also expect it to ride and handle like ****. i put mine back to factory settings 3 months after i lowered it. as far as leaning you will loose a lot of clearance of the pegs in corners, if you are an agressive rider then i wouldnt lower it at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-21-2008, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpi810 View Post
expect it to ride and handle like ****. i put mine back to factory settings 3 months after i lowered it.

Lowering = bad idea.

Unless it is drag strip only. Or a show bike. If you intend to ride it. Don't lower it at all.

I cannot flat foot both feet on my bike. Lowering it would be sacrilegious.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-22-2008, 12:37 PM

Reputation Power: 13

I forgot to mention that i wore a front tire off as quick as the back because it changes the rake on the front. Its not worth it if you can help it.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-22-2008, 12:43 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Marty, how short are you?

I'm 5'1" and only lowered my CBR1000 one inch, the rest came out of the seat (Corbin). The rear is a Diamond Powersports rear link, the front is by sliding the fork tubes up about a half inch to level it out (remove the snap ring first). Don't know how much you weigh, but you might want to stiffen the suspension up to prevent bottoming if you do this..

If you lower the back, lower the front to keep it level or you will have handling problems.

To a student: no,no,no...straighten then brake.
http://cbrider.com/
http://v4hondabbs.com/
post #7 of 9 Old 12-22-2008, 3:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
Marty, how short are you?

I'm 5'1" and only lowered my CBR1000 one inch, the rest came out of the seat (Corbin). The rear is a Diamond Powersports rear link, the front is by sliding the fork tubes up about a half inch to level it out (remove the snap ring first). Don't know how much you weigh, but you might want to stiffen the suspension up to prevent bottoming if you do this..

If you lower the back, lower the front to keep it level or you will have handling problems.

Hiya MSGT-R,

Corbin seats for cbr600RRs!?!?!?! Cool! 8) Good call! How did the lowering do for you?

I had the foam taken out of my 1996 CBR600. That did help, but its still the "Tip Toe" problem.

I'm, 5'6", with annoyingly shory legs - 25" inside leg! (Thatys 63.5cm without shoes.....)

Expensive bike, tip toe stance - Not very confidence inspiring, and really stunted my bike skills developement and enjoyments. U-Turns in a tight country lane??? Forget it, I'd get of and 3 point her etc!

Cheers
Martin
post #8 of 9 Old 12-22-2008, 3:26 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Learn to slide yourself slightly to one side when putting a foot down.
Your right foot should be on the brake anyway. My 03' 600 had a cut down seat (gel pad inserted) with a turn-buckle lowering link out back, and my 06' 1000 has all the stuff I mentioned before. I have a 26" inseam. I'll never get both feet down either. Keep in the back of your brain that you can only "fall" in one given direction at a time (only one foot required).

Tight low-speed turns: slide your butt to the outside of your turn, drop that inside shoulder while looking where you want to go and counterweight the bike. Practice this in a parking lot and ease yourself into the technique. Drag the back brake a little if it makes it easier for you.. I demo this in a 20 foot wide box in the basic rider course. You can at least do this in 24 feet which is plenty tight to u-turn on most roads.

To a student: no,no,no...straighten then brake.
http://cbrider.com/
http://v4hondabbs.com/
post #9 of 9 Old 12-22-2008, 3:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
Learn to slide yourself slightly to one side when putting a foot down.
Your right foot should be on the brake anyway. My 03' 600 had a cut down seat (gel pad inserted) with a turn-buckle lowering link out back, and my 06' 1000 has all the stuff I mentioned before. I have a 26" inseam. I'll never get both feet down either. Keep in the back of your brain that you can only "fall" in one given direction at a time (only one foot required).

Tight low-speed turns: slide your butt to the outside of your turn, drop that inside shoulder while looking where you want to go and counterweight the bike. Practice this in a parking lot and ease yourself into the technique. Drag the back brake a little if it makes it easier for you.. I demo this in a 20 foot wide box in the basic rider course. You can at least do this in 24 feet which is plenty tight to u-turn on most roads.

Hiya MSG,

I may just do some figure of eights etc during the Winter months! (CBR400 has crash bungs, hell why not! 8) )

Fab piccies - love the helmet design!

Gotta go, catch you later MSG! 8)

Best Wishes
Martin 8)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page