New Rider! Any advice on a 91 CBR 600? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-25-2009, 3:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

New Rider! Any advice on a 91 CBR 600?

Hey guys I had been debating on getting a bike for a while, and I finally did it. I have always wanted a CBR and decided to go on the cheaper end since it is my first bike. A couple of my friends have CBRs and they helped me learn to ride and everything.

So today I bought a 91 CBR 600 F2. It seems like a pretty good bike so far. Do any of you know much about that year and model of a bike? How do you like it? Are there any problems that you have come across? Is there anything else I should know? Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-25-2009, 3:43 PM

Reputation Power: 12

Re: New Rider! Any advice on a 91 CBR 600?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdm3 View Post
Hey guys I had been debating on getting a bike for a while, and I finally did it. I have always wanted a CBR and decided to go on the cheaper end since it is my first bike. A couple of my friends have CBRs and they helped me learn to ride and everything.

So today I bought a 91 CBR 600 F2. It seems like a pretty good bike so far. Do any of you know much about that year and model of a bike? How do you like it? Are there any problems that you have come across? Is there anything else I should know? Thanks for your help!
Hiya Mark,

Enjoy the bike! Don't worry about breakdowns until it happens. Just do the weekly checks and look forward to the summer!

Some proper R&G crash bungs woulde be a good idea - especially for the 1st big bike.

Spend cash on good leathrs and crash helmets - leave the performance mods once you are safely wrapped up.

enjoy!

Cheers
Martin
post #3 of 5 Old 01-25-2009, 5:57 PM

Reputation Power: 13

I had my 92 F2 for 8 years. Great bike. I had very few problems. Like Marty said, get yourself some good riding gear before you spend any money on modifications. All I ever did to mine was a better flowing air filter and a D&D full exhaust. Enjoy the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-25-2009, 9:24 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Congrats on finally making the plunge!
Put some pictures up...lets see that mean machine
Also, like everyone else said. Spend the money on a jacket and helmet. remember...you only have one head
post #5 of 5 Old 01-28-2009, 12:42 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via MSN to shakey1378

like these guys said make sure you get all your protective gear first. just get out and ride as much as you can, only way to really gain experience and confidence. seeing as the bike is used i would inspect and replace if needed, brake pads, brake lines, change the oil and filters. also i would see if any of your friends or a local bike shop can help you set your suspension sag to make sure your setup is at least closer to what is good for your weight. most used bikes will need some suspension work to be perfect for the new riders weight range.

maintenance and your own learning curve should be your main concern. its a good idea to spend time talking with experienced riders. one of the most common mistakes i see with new riders is where they ride in relation to the road. some free advice, stay out of the center of the lane. reason it is so dark, its an oil slick. drives me batty when i see bikes in the center of the lane. always try to make sure you have a way out in traffic should things get crazy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page