cbr 600 f4 slowing / jerking at 40mph+ - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-27-2010, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

cbr 600 f4 slowing / jerking at 40mph+

Hey guys, recently i fitted a restriction kit to a honda cbr 600 f4 (EVERYTHING worked fine before this) and ever since it has been jerking / slowing at 40mph +. naturally i assumed this was something to do with the restriction kit so i then removed it as planned.

however the issue of the slowing / jerking still remains, i've thought it could be a matter of issue, i.e fuel starvation, ram air / intakes not working correctly, and dirty carbs, however i cant see any of these that would seem rather obvious, carbs seem relatively clean if not perfect, and all hoses seem to be connected up correctly.

any ideas appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-27-2010, 1:00 PM

Reputation Power: 78

Re: cbr 600 f4 slowing / jerking at 40mph+

less youve taken the carbs off the bike and apart, a visual inspection is pretty worthless.

Is this occurring at 40+ mph in any gear?

I'd pull the plugs and see how they're looking first.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-28-2010, 6:25 AM Thread Starter

yea ive taken the carbs off and given them a quick visual inspection, they dont seem blocked / dirty in any way. and it is occuring in every gear yes. the bike currently tops out at about 75mph due to this.

ill get onto the plugs and see how they look. although the fact they went from fine to awful after putting a restriction kit in doesnt add up to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-06-2010, 3:29 AM

This may seem obvious, but have you made sure you reconnected all the air supply lines to the carburtator passageway inlets. Under the airbox, there are two tube sets, one feeds the float bowl chambers, the other feeds the diaphragm chambers, if they are pinched or not connected... the bike will do this exact thing....

Also check to make sure you didn't forget to connect up the throttle position sensor, I've done this a handful of times while working on my carbs...

Next I'd be checking fuel flow and fuel lines and filter for restrictions and check the petcock to make sure it is fully on...

Vince

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page