oops. overrevved my f4i - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-04-2010, 1:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

oops. overrevved my f4i

so. The other night I was racing an older gixxer 750. I have gp shift, and my friend was asking me (right before the run) "dont you get confused and mess up?" I told him no. well, wouldent you know it, I messed up. I think I was at the top of 3rd gear, getting ready to bang into 4th and I accidentally went into 2nd. Or something. All I know is, my bike read like 16k+ on the tach. Now. I managed to get into the right gear and I kept going (and still won)... but I dunno, my midrange feels weird now. Did I hurt something? It was only for a split second before I banged it up two gears, but I'm freaking out now! Bike idles fine, runs pretty normal. I am thinking this is all in my head, and nothing is wrong at all. some insight would be good. I've never mechanically overrevved it like that.

tldr; accidentally overrevved to like 16k+ rpm on a mis shift. did i damage something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-16-2010, 1:32 PM

Re: oops. overrevved my f4i

I have an 01 f4i and have just overeved it mine seems to have a rev limiter it actually slows bike down when I did it but I have seen no lasting damage etc from it seemed to run fine did it a couple times racing my son on his 07 750 gixer he spanks me so i ride like crazy to try and win but never happens
post #3 of 4 Old 09-16-2010, 5:06 PM

carl your hitting the rev limiter rut roh down shifted an the rev limiter cant stop the engine then,

an rut roh the f4i has one of the most durable sportbike engines there is, an the rev limiters are put on for durability, most are capable of another 1500-2k that they were mechanically designed for, which is 15.7-16.2k, i wouldnt make a habit of it but i think youll be okay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-16-2010, 5:18 PM

Reputation Power: 59

I imagine that if you can hold a motor at redline for quite some time without doing anything.. a quick jaunt past that wont kill it. Not unless you are going wayy past that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page