Sad about selling my bike - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-08-2010, 2:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Sad about selling my bike

As of yesterday i put my 94 F2 for sale up on craigslist and already have a ton of replies and am showing the bike today, I have a baby girl due dec. 5 and really need the money, none the less, I am sad to let my bike go it was one of the fail-proof ways for me to relieve my stress.. It is worth selling to make our lives easier come december, but still... lol anyone else been through this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-08-2010, 3:06 PM

Reputation Power: 122

Re: Sad about selling my bike

Yeah, but I didn't sell my bike(s) because I realized it doesn't help that much, what will you do with a couple grand buy diapers and formula? You will be able to do that anyway.....I am all for making sacrafices for my kids, but I refuse to put my own happiness on the line if it isn't necessary.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-08-2010, 3:39 PM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 12

Send a message via MSN to mdamaso

Yep. Did it about 12 years ago (I had 2 kids at the time and one on the way). Hard choice, but the little bit of $$ from less monthly Insurance went a long way. Nice thing was when my daughter turned 15 she said "Daddy, I wanna ride". We had the $$ and my wife and I agreed that its better she learned from me and some MSF courses than some young buck at school. So I've been riding ever since. Its not forever so don't treat it like that, think of it as a "vacation" from riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-08-2010, 5:37 PM

Reputation Power: 21

Liability on an old bike costs about nutin'. You can only get a grand or two out of it. Cheap to keep, cheap to run. Can't see the point of selling just to raise some cash. Kid will be there long after the cash is gone. Now if you're doing it because your old lady got nervous about the death machine, well that's a little more understandable.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-08-2010, 5:42 PM

Reputation Power: 10

Send a message via Skype™ to Andrei

I have one baby (he is almost two) and aother one on the way due feb 2011.
I have done almost full season racing this year and will do all the local races next year, but i work 7 days a week to fund my racing.
If i didnt have weekend job then there would be no bike and no racing.
So if you need the money then sell it and in a few years you will be back biking.
If its a thing of riding on the roads which might be putting your wife off bikes then get a track bike and do some track days to let the steam out every now and again.
Good luck with the baby - best thing in the world.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 1:05 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Yeah just think of it as a vacation from riding for a while. You'll have your hands full with parenting. You sell it to a good owner for a fair price and the world will have a way of giving that back to you somehow someway in an opportunity down the road. Still though, emotionally it sucks. Sorry to hear but congrats on the baby.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Tags
cbr600f2 , selling cbr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page