f2 with f3 carbs?????? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 09-27-2010, 8:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

f2 with f3 carbs??????

i have a 94 f2 i just bought some 96 f3 carbs for i have a k&n filter and a short two brothers exuast i need to know what size jets should i buy to make it run good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-27-2010, 8:49 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: f2 with f3 carbs??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bothupinya View Post
i have a 94 f2 i just bought some 96 f3 carbs for i have a k&n filter and a short two brothers exuast i need to know what size jets should i buy to make it run good

I would start with the standard F3 carbs and tune it from there if it's not right.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 11 Old 09-28-2010, 1:51 PM Thread Starter

would adjusting the air fuel mixture screw on the f3 carbs to the f2 motor help.. i put the clean stock f3 set on the f2 it was idling fine and all four were firing but you give it fuel and it would take it but slow and slugish. can i adjust the carbs without a sync or changing jets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-28-2010, 9:23 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
would adjusting the air fuel mixture screw on the f3 carbs to the f2 motor help.. i put the clean stock f3 set on the f2 it was idling fine and all four were firing but you give it fuel and it would take it but slow and slugish. can i adjust the carbs without a sync or changing jets

The F3 carbs should be 36mm but I don't know what size the F2 carbs are - are they different?
If it starts and idles fine then I doubt you need to adjust the mixture screw.
You need to check the plugs to see if it's rich or lean. Try shimming the needles first but if that doesn't give you enough range then you'll have to try different main jets. Check the sizes first as they may not all be the same.
Synch is only for smooth idle.
It is important that everything else is correct before you start changing your jetting as you may simply be jetting it to cover some unrelated problem like a clogged air or fuel filter.
I assume you stripped and thoroughly cleaned the carbs before putting them on?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 11 Old 09-28-2010, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

i searched threw the clymer and it says that the throttle bore is 34mm
main jet 135
idle jet 38

the carbs i have for the f2 work but have a stutter at cruising speed and a little stutter at idle so i did the ol check the headers when its cold trick
#1 and 3 were cold but were gettin spark so i took it apart and cleaned the carbs and noticed it had a 38 idle jet a stock airfuel mixture screw a what appeared to be a main out of a jet kit with the e clip set on the first notch on 1 and 4 and on the 2nd notch on 2 and 3 all with nylons washers im not sure what the main jet was
someone suggested that i put some f3 or f4 carbs on it. so i went out and got some i cleaned them but all i did was pull out the jets and made sure they were cleanpulled out the float needle ceaned it and blew(with my mouth) on every hole. put them back together and it runs idles and exepts fuel but very slow.. and smells like it running rich.. by that i mean i could smell alot of fuel in the exaust. and here we are.
should i stick with the f2 carbs or keep goin with the f3 carbs

i really appreciate every thing
post #6 of 11 Old 09-29-2010, 7:57 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
i searched threw the clymer and it says that the throttle bore is 34mm
main jet 135
idle jet 38

the carbs i have for the f2 work but have a stutter at cruising speed and a little stutter at idle so i did the ol check the headers when its cold trick
#1 and 3 were cold but were gettin spark so i took it apart and cleaned the carbs and noticed it had a 38 idle jet a stock airfuel mixture screw a what appeared to be a main out of a jet kit with the e clip set on the first notch on 1 and 4 and on the 2nd notch on 2 and 3 all with nylons washers im not sure what the main jet was
someone suggested that i put some f3 or f4 carbs on it. so i went out and got some i cleaned them but all i did was pull out the jets and made sure they were cleanpulled out the float needle ceaned it and blew(with my mouth) on every hole. put them back together and it runs idles and exepts fuel but very slow.. and smells like it running rich.. by that i mean i could smell alot of fuel in the exaust. and here we are.
should i stick with the f2 carbs or keep goin with the f3 carbs

i really appreciate every thing

Does your F2 have the vacuum-operated fuel tap?
If it does, make sure it is not sucking fuel down the vacuum line due to a torn diaphram.

post #7 of 11 Old 09-29-2010, 8:25 AM Thread Starter

me petcock has a vacuum line that come from my number one intake but you can just turn the fuel on and it flys out with no vacuum required
post #8 of 11 Old 09-29-2010, 8:27 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
me petcock has a vacuum line that come from my number one intake but you can just turn the fuel on and it flys out with no vacuum required

Then you definately need to confirm the diaphram is intact.
If it's torn, the engine will be sucking neat fuel directly from the tank into the cylinders. Liquid fuel will not burn which would explain the smell and richness.

post #9 of 11 Old 09-29-2010, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

only with the f2 carbs i am getting the two cyllinders that dont get hot when the bike is cold the f3 carbs run fine except for the excepting fuel issue idles fine but giving it fuel it takes it slow i try to crack down on it it hesitates the f2 carbs run fine but when cold, only two cyllinders get hot i would like to use the f3 carbs thow
post #10 of 11 Old 09-29-2010, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

only with the f2 carbs i am getting the two cyllinders that dont get hot when the bike is cold the f3 carbs run fine except for the excepting fuel issue idles fine but giving it fuel it takes it slow i try to crack down on it it hesitates the f2 carbs run fine but when cold, only two cyllinders get hot i would like to use the f3 carbs though
post #11 of 11 Old 10-17-2010, 5:24 PM

did you ever get it done?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page