gas leaking from vent tubes going to air box help!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-19-2012, 7:10 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 02-19-2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
gas leaking from vent tubes going to air box help!!

I have a 1996 cbr 600 sjr it is leaking gas from the vent tubes going to air box i have cleaned the carbs and fliped them over and blew in to them to make sure that the float valves were not leaking which they were not put them back on and put fuel to them and they start leaking gas from the vent tubes seen about 50 threads on this but no finial fix for the problem please help me out i have no clue to what the problem is i know there is no gunk in the float valve seat and the floats are good because there is no fuel in the floats when i take apart help me please.
1996cbr600sjr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 02-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: gas leaking from vent tubes going to air box help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996cbr600sjr View Post
I have a 1996 cbr 600 sjr it is leaking gas from the vent tubes going to air box i have cleaned the carbs and fliped them over and blew in to them to make sure that the float valves were not leaking which they were not put them back on and put fuel to them and they start leaking gas from the vent tubes seen about 50 threads on this but no finial fix for the problem please help me out i have no clue to what the problem is i know there is no gunk in the float valve seat and the floats are good because there is no fuel in the floats when i take apart help me please.

Connect a fuel supply to the carbs with about six feet of head height. The carbs should not leak when held with the float bowls level - if they do then the float heights are set incorrectly and/or the float valves are bad. Then tilt them until they start leaking then level them again, the leaking should stop, test them by tilting them in all directions. If it doesn't stop then the float heights are set incorrectly and/or the float valves are bad or sticking.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 02-20-2012, 9:45 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 02-19-2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: gas leaking from vent tubes going to air box help!!

ok im going to try that and see if it works
1996cbr600sjr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 Old 02-22-2012, 3:27 AM
 
Join Date: 12-13-2010
Location: Kingston, Ont, Canada
Posts: 4,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 153
                     
Re: gas leaking from vent tubes going to air box help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996cbr600sjr View Post
ok im going to try that and see if it works

Any luck?

_________________________
People call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that distinguish me from a doormat. - Rebecca West 1913
Godsmacked is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 02-22-2012, 7:43 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 02-19-2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: gas leaking from vent tubes going to air box help!!

yes i had to take apart the bowls again and clean them but this time i put 2 clear fuel filters on it and now no more gas leaks go to walmart and get the g3 fuel filters in the auto motive section and my fuel pump went out on me also so i went to autozone and bought part number sp8016u for a fuel pump works great and is only $53 instade of 150 from honda it pumps 2.5 to 4 psi and does not over power the floats i though that i would add that so if any one eles is have fuel pump issues well so far so good runs like a raped ape
1996cbr600sjr is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 02-22-2012, 8:55 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: gas leaking from vent tubes going to air box help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996cbr600sjr View Post
yes i had to take apart the bowls again and clean them but this time i put 2 clear fuel filters on it and now no more gas leaks go to walmart and get the g3 fuel filters in the auto motive section and my fuel pump went out on me also so i went to autozone and bought part number sp8016u for a fuel pump works great and is only $53 instade of 150 from honda it pumps 2.5 to 4 psi and does not over power the floats i though that i would add that so if any one eles is have fuel pump issues well so far so good runs like a raped ape

Did you clean out the tank and fuel lines?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leaking 954 fuel tank air vent hose? Fabian Honda FireBlade 1 01-27-2013 6:39 PM
tank vent line leaking fuel? '01 F4i speed Honda CBR 600 0 04-10-2010 10:08 PM
929/954 Ram air tubes? cornerblade Honda FireBlade 4 05-15-2007 12:24 PM
Seperating fork tubes Fastrr Honda FireBlade 2 11-26-2006 1:26 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome