Constant Beep From Battery Compartment - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-17-2012, 4:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Constant Beep From Battery Compartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridetolive View Post
Not too sure if this will help but i had a constant beep on my 98 F3. This turned out to be the regulator/rectifier. It was boiling the battery. If you take it for a long run do you get a burning smell of plastic from where the battery is?
Hey long time lurker first time poster, usually my problems are common enough that I never needed to ask however this problem seems a little less common, checking Ridetolive's profile it would appear he is not an active user on this forum anymore however I did manage to find one thread where he posted this and it appears the be the exact same problem which I am experiencing in my CBR600RR 08. Long story short, I crashed my baby at the track awhile ago 6> Months, it took me awhile to fix it but today was the first day I got to take her out since. The battery was completely dead so I pretty much jumped it back to life with my car before the trickle charger would even acknowledge it was connected to one. After days charge it still wasn't full but I was itching for a ride so I did the old push start and off I went, it quickly built up a charge and was stopping and starting fine, after about a 5 hour ride I proceeded to go home; on the way back I started to hear a strange beep at the lights, there was nothing on my cluster so I ignored it thinking it was coming from another vehicle, when I finally pull up to my house and switch off the engine the beep was ear piercing I quickly got of and started to smell a "melting" smell I immediately stepped back kinda scared it was going to blow up or something, but after concluding that the beep was coming from the battery compt. I raced to get it open, I quickly disconnected the battery but the beep was still going (which freaked me out a little bit), I'm pretty sure it was originating from the battery regulator or something along those lines I quickly tried to pull out the battery but it was blistering hot. It sounds almost identical to ride's whom I am hoping will see this thread and share more light on my situation, (or if anyone else would care to for that matter) my main concern is if it is the actual regulator which was the problem or a dead battery which I should of replaced instead of jumping it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-17-2012, 6:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Re: Constant Beep From Battery Compartment

is it a lead acid battery? It's possible when you recharged the battery the water was evaporated and some of the plates fused/welded together when they dried out. As the battery continued to charge the rest of the water was boiling due to the short inside the battery and the "beeping" you heard was the steam pressure escaping from battery. There is no speakers or anything under the seat unless you have some kind of after market alarm system.

Either way you need a new battery. I don't think your bike's charging system is messed up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Tags
600rr , battery , beeping , overheating

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page