Need help! 02 cbr 600 f4i no fuel or spark signal - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-17-2012, 8:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Need help! 02 cbr 600 f4i no fuel or spark signal

Ok everyone I'm new to this forum and I need some desperate help. I have an atv quad equipped with a 02 cbr 600 f4i motor. When I got it it didn't run, it needed a fuel cut relay so I bypassed it by jumping all 4 wires together and it fired right up. . I rode it like that until the new relay came in and haven't had a problem until now. I went to start it one day and it wouldn't start, spins over but no fuel or fire. The engine stop relay clicks with the engine stop switch but not the fuel cut relay. Since then I have tried a new relay, new ECM, new wiring harness and still no luck. All fuses are good, the fuel cut relay and each coil pack connector are getting power but no signal to fire. The fuel pump is good I can jump the 2 white/black & brown wire.

There are jumper wires on the harness also, I'm guessing to bypass the has sensor and kick stand sensor.

Green/white & green/red

Red/white & green

I think this is kick stand safety bypassed..
Any help is much appreciated guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-31-2012, 11:06 PM

Re: Need help! 02 cbr 600 f4i no fuel or spark signal

I litterally just had the same kind of problem on my f4, with no spark. Have you ever checked the plugs? I couldn't figure out how to get my bike to start for 2 days, went through air-fuel-compression- and finally spark. Checked everything and everything was great, I replaced the plugs and it fired right up. If you havent, check them. Good luck and awesome ride.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-01-2012, 9:48 AM Thread Starter

I figured it out last week. Ignition diode was blown and bad ecu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-01-2012, 10:20 AM

Reputation Power: 33

Send a message via Skype™ to 2WheelFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seansr08 View Post
I figured it out last week. Ignition diode was blown and bad ecu.
nice work man. glad you got it figured out. now i expect to see some pics of the finished product soon.

02 F4i track build-fully built motor, 600rr swinger and rear master, 1000rr front end and rear shock, akra full exh, pcIII and ign module, HRC radiator and quick throttle, brembo fr master and more
post #5 of 5 Old 04-07-2012, 9:28 AM

sean, how did you find your problem. i have the same problem, no fuel and no spark. checked the zener diod at the ignition and had 8.5v and at the ecu 8.5 there also. my other problem is i have no voltage going to the fuel pump on the brown wire. if it is powered up pump runs. i thought it was the ecu but swapped it out and nothing changed. the guy said the ecu was good has a good rep. i checked the relays and they are good to.HELP please

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page