Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

oil in coolant...?

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  2WheelFury 
#1 ·
i know this has been brought up many times and since i hav noticed it happening i have read through a bunch of these trymg to figure out why its happening well ive heard water pump seals headgasket oil cooler ect and i want to make sure that i know whats happening before i go and replace a bunch of things im 17 i dont have that kind of money. so i pulled that water pump out and took it apart and i found what i think is oil residue so if you guys would maybe try to help me pinpoint this it would be great i thank you all soo much in advance. also around the shaft i cant tell if this may be anything that would help end in oil in the coolant but...photos are attachedagain thank you all

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
i know this has been brought up many times and since i hav noticed it happening i have read through a bunch of these trying to figure out why its happening well ive heard water pump seals headgasket oil cooler ect and i want to make sure that i know whats happening before i go and replace a bunch of things im 17 i dont have that kind of money. so i pulled that water pump out and took it apart and i found what i think is oil residue so if you guys would maybe try to help me pinpoint this it would be great i thank you all soo much in advance. also around the shaft i cant tell if this may be anything that would help end in oil in the coolant but...photos are attached again thank you all
Is it actually burning coolant?
Is there any coolant in the crankcase oil?
Have you done a compression test?
Have you done a pressure test of the cooling system?
Have you checked the header temperatures to determine if one or more cylinders are not firing correctly?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.