Buying an F4i .. HELP! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Buying an F4i .. HELP!

Hey guys,
I'm finally in a position to be able to buy my first bike. I am a young female & i really dont know anything about motorcycle maintenance or fair cost of a bike. i joined here in hopes someone can help me

I looked at a 2001 Honda F4i . Great condition, no scratches. well kept & maintained. about 20k miles (less than 21k). He was asking $3750..... we negotiated a price of $3450.... IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?

My first thoughts was that this was great Deal. i am totally willing to pay the $3400....This is the bike I WANT! but i guess i just want to know if i'm gettin worked over or what...
ive been looking for the past week, all day every day... & havent gotten anything worth my time. Either way too old or looks like its been laid down.

any advise would be appreciated thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 11:49 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Re: Buying an F4i .. HELP!

If it's in great condition that is a good price considering the season and your location. The F4i is much better than the F4 not only because it looks better, but because it's fuel injected However, even a clean looking bike can have hidden red flags.

Bring someone that knows bikes and have them come with you to look at it. Check the major things like Chain, sprockets, brakes, seals, suspension, fluids, tire wear (that's $300 if the tires are shot), see if the engine and frame numbers match the title, run the vin, make sure it doesn't have any leans on it... if it does you'll have to go get him to give you a lean release with the title and bike. There are a dozen other little things to check to see if the bike's ever truely been down, totaled, or not been taken care of.

I'm sure everything is legit, but just cover yourself and bring a biker friend to look things over with ya GL!
post #3 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Thank You! I ended up getting the bike today!! Had a friend of mine test ride it, made the sale & brought it home! Been high on life all day! It was a good buy- i'm glad i was patient!
Appreciate your time!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 11:09 PM

Reputation Power: 87

Congratulations, any pics yet?
post #5 of 5 Old 03-31-2012, 7:48 PM

Reputation Power: 33

Send a message via Skype™ to 2WheelFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miksweet View Post
Thank You! I ended up getting the bike today!! Had a friend of mine test ride it, made the sale & brought it home! Been high on life all day! It was a good buy- i'm glad i was patient!
Appreciate your time!!
That is awesome. Now post some pics of her for us. the f4i's are fun bikes.

02 F4i track build-fully built motor, 600rr swinger and rear master, 1000rr front end and rear shock, akra full exh, pcIII and ign module, HRC radiator and quick throttle, brembo fr master and more

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page