Odd sensation at the gear shifter? 00 cbr 600 f4 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda CBR 600 Discussion of the Honda CBR 600F1, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 600F3, Honda CBR 600F4, Honda CBR 600F4i, and Honda CBR 600RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-26-2012, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-30-2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Odd sensation at the gear shifter? 00 cbr 600 f4

I was hittin some twisties today, bein a little hard on it, however not REAL hard. I have a 52 tooth rear sprocket *which is crap, I hate the person who had the bike before me* so when I ride at about 65 my bike is around 6k RPMS an yuck. So when I'm cruising around 65 I can feel kind of like a.....I don't know how to explain it, like a tick on my gear shifter. Like it ticks an I can feel it in my boots if my toes are under it or over it. It's not harsh but it's odd. It's not kicking out of gears or anything. I still havent replaced my clutch but what could this odd sensation be? 00 cbr 600 f4
Stephenscbr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 04-30-2012, 11:27 PM
 
Join Date: 02-06-2012
Location: North Carolina
Age: 34
Posts: 1,664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 33
                     
Send a message via Skype™ to 2WheelFury
Re: Odd sensation at the gear shifter? 00 cbr 600 f4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenscbr View Post
I was hittin some twisties today, bein a little hard on it, however not REAL hard. I have a 52 tooth rear sprocket *which is crap, I hate the person who had the bike before me* so when I ride at about 65 my bike is around 6k RPMS an yuck. So when I'm cruising around 65 I can feel kind of like a.....I don't know how to explain it, like a tick on my gear shifter. Like it ticks an I can feel it in my boots if my toes are under it or over it. It's not harsh but it's odd. It's not kicking out of gears or anything. I still havent replaced my clutch but what could this odd sensation be? 00 cbr 600 f4
How is the oil level? I agree with you; I'd ditch that sprocket in a heartbeat. Clutch shouldn't be causing that. That would be gearing issues more than likely.

02 F4i track build-fully built motor, 600rr swinger and rear master, 1000rr front end and rear shock, akra full exh, pcIII and ign module, HRC radiator and quick throttle, brembo fr master and more
2WheelFury is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 04-30-2012, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-30-2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Odd sensation at the gear shifter? 00 cbr 600 f4

Oil is full, but I used a semi syn 10w40. You think maybe it's getting too hot? An I just changed it about a week and a half ago.
Stephenscbr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 05-02-2012, 3:58 PM
 
Join Date: 02-06-2012
Location: North Carolina
Age: 34
Posts: 1,664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 33
                     
Send a message via Skype™ to 2WheelFury
Re: Odd sensation at the gear shifter? 00 cbr 600 f4

You did use motorcycle oil correct and not car/truck oil right??

02 F4i track build-fully built motor, 600rr swinger and rear master, 1000rr front end and rear shock, akra full exh, pcIII and ign module, HRC radiator and quick throttle, brembo fr master and more
2WheelFury is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 05-03-2012, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-30-2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Odd sensation at the gear shifter? 00 cbr 600 f4

I'm pretty sure it was uh.......GTX something. I don't have the container anymore, however I made sure it was the correct API service rating and it's not energy conserving. I don't think it was motorcycle specific. Did I make a mistake? If so, I have my new clutch, springs yada yada. Should I drain the oil and flush the system and get like valvoline syn motorcycle oil, and then report back?
Stephenscbr is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 05-03-2012, 3:02 PM
 
Join Date: 02-06-2012
Location: North Carolina
Age: 34
Posts: 1,664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 33
                     
Send a message via Skype™ to 2WheelFury
Re: Odd sensation at the gear shifter? 00 cbr 600 f4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenscbr View Post
I'm pretty sure it was uh.......GTX something. I don't have the container anymore, however I made sure it was the correct API service rating and it's not energy conserving. I don't think it was motorcycle specific. Did I make a mistake? If so, I have my new clutch, springs yada yada. Should I drain the oil and flush the system and get like valvoline syn motorcycle oil, and then report back?
you need to make sure it is made for wet clutches.

02 F4i track build-fully built motor, 600rr swinger and rear master, 1000rr front end and rear shock, akra full exh, pcIII and ign module, HRC radiator and quick throttle, brembo fr master and more
2WheelFury is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 05-03-2012, 9:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-30-2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Odd sensation at the gear shifter? 00 cbr 600 f4

Alright, drained the oil, and replaced my tired clutch. Used Mobil 1full syn sports motorcycle (for wet clutch application). She rides like a top. An that odd sensation that was throwing me for a loop, my chain was loose enough it was tapping my shifter. My chain and new sprockets should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the help man, newbie mistakes for the win. I'm sure i'll be back soon.
Stephenscbr is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 05-04-2012, 10:56 PM
 
Join Date: 02-06-2012
Location: North Carolina
Age: 34
Posts: 1,664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 33
                     
Send a message via Skype™ to 2WheelFury
Re: Odd sensation at the gear shifter? 00 cbr 600 f4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenscbr View Post
Alright, drained the oil, and replaced my tired clutch. Used Mobil 1full syn sports motorcycle (for wet clutch application). She rides like a top. An that odd sensation that was throwing me for a loop, my chain was loose enough it was tapping my shifter. My chain and new sprockets should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the help man, newbie mistakes for the win. I'm sure i'll be back soon.
good to hear it's taken care of and back up and running. that chain had to be hella loose to be slapping the shifter. that's crazy and the first time I have ever heard that.

02 F4i track build-fully built motor, 600rr swinger and rear master, 1000rr front end and rear shock, akra full exh, pcIII and ign module, HRC radiator and quick throttle, brembo fr master and more
2WheelFury is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda CBR 600

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Small wire beside gear shifter? Jakester136 General Discussion 3 07-25-2009 7:52 PM
Inverting gear shifter on 1000RR Red.Rider Honda FireBlade 11 11-20-2004 6:13 AM
Weird sensation... showmethebombs Honda RC51 17 05-19-2004 2:11 PM
Rotation Sensation spillover Honda FireBlade 6 05-16-2003 7:26 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome