Part Compatibility Question - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda Cruisers Discussion of the Honda Rebel, Honda Shadow, and Honda VTX Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-19-2015, 1:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Part Compatibility Question

New guy here, wondering about part compatibility between 81 Honda CB750K and 82 Honda CB750S.

Long story short, I got my bike worked on a while ago and the clown who did the work had my bike for an entire season and just made excuses about how long it was taking to get everything taken care of, so I had him get it back together and just cashed out. Bike needs the carbs worked over, new shocks, wheels, and a few minor details taken care of. My question is: if I pick up an 82 CB750S I saw on Craigslist, what, if any, of the parts will be compatible with mine so I can hurry up and get it back on the road? Thanks in advance, everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-19-2015, 1:17 AM Thread Starter

Re: Part Compatibility Question

Sorry, I also saw a 79 CB750 available, too, which I wanted to take a look at; same question for that one: what, if any, parts will be compatible with my 81 CB750K?

Thanks.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-19-2015, 1:51 AM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 101

Garage

That's a really general question, which unless you find a CB750 guru, probably can't be answered here. I will offer you this however, I just went to Partzilla.com and they have microfiche available for each model, and when you click on a part (even if obsolete) it tells you the various OTHER models the part was made for.

So rather than me spending all my time looking up EVERY part for you, take the specific parts you're looking for most and use their site to see what is compatible.

Also, I couldn't find an 82 "S" model, just an "SC" model. Good luck

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-19-2015, 5:32 AM

I have used a part site called "Partsfish" if you select the part/s for the bike that you need they have listed compatibilities for ANY other bike that uses that same part. Pretty handy.

OEM Parts : PartsFish.com

Go into the sub section for that part that you need. Identify the part number in the diagram. Find the number in the menu to the right of the screen and click on the Honda part no#. This will bring up the list of compatible bikes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda Cruisers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page