17T front sprocket? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-24-2004, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

17T front sprocket?

I currently have 16T front and 45T Rear sprockets. I was considering putting a 17T front to make it easy to bring the gearing back to stock. There is one avalable but I was wondering if there might be clearance problems to consider with the sprocket cover. I already have a new chain so the length isn't a problem either, but maybe the new angle will be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-24-2004, 12:12 PM

Reputation Power: 31

Re: 17T front sprocket?

I'm thinking it would be a tight fit, I'm not sure you'll get the chain + sprocket in there. Personally, if I wanted to make the gearing closer to stock, I'd, well, put the stock gearing back in. I'm not sure if what you want to do would make it easier. It may be easier to go back to stock. How about a 44 rear sprocket instead? I just haven't heard of anyone putting in a 17 front, so I don't know if it's possible.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-24-2004, 12:17 PM

Reputation Power: 27

Bill, if you're still running the stock 16T, I'd leave it because it has a sort of cush drive on it. If you change to aftermarket, you'll definitly notice the extra wine coming from the chain/sprocket.

Ride Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-24-2004, 1:02 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

I already have and aftermarket sprocket.

HG part Deux, I figured it would be easier to change the front sprocket when I wanted to switch gearing than to pull the rear wheel. The ratio with the 17T is very close to stock, and less work
post #5 of 6 Old 02-24-2004, 1:30 PM

Reputation Power: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillAce
I already have and aftermarket sprocket.

HG part Deux, I figured it would be easier to change the front sprocket when I wanted to switch gearing than to pull the rear wheel. The ratio with the 17T is very close to stock, and less work
That makes sense. I'm guessing you want to have shorter gearing for the track, then be able to switch back closer to stock for the street. How about running 15/44 for the track, then 16/44 for the street? Or 15/43 track, stock 16/43 street? I don't know how those ratios work out, but then you'd just be one up on the rear for the street. Just a thought. Let us know if that 17t fits in the front!
post #6 of 6 Old 02-24-2004, 8:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via MSN to crazycuRRie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo
That makes sense. I'm guessing you want to have shorter gearing for the track, then be able to switch back closer to stock for the street. How about running 15/44 for the track, then 16/44 for the street? Or 15/43 track, stock 16/43 street? I don't know how those ratios work out, but then you'd just be one up on the rear for the street. Just a thought. Let us know if that 17t fits in the front!
17 front is possible with a 520 chain but whay would you want too... I understand the gearing idea behind it, but your risking alot with the chain so close to the engine casing I race myself and found it easier to just buy some $10 hubs from ebay and put diffrent chain rings on them. Im currently running a 16 front 44-45-46 depending on the track

WSMC 954

Sponsor: Mach 1,Chicken Hawk Racing, LP USA, Suzuki Motor Corp.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page