Question on removing 93 900rr midpipe - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-30-2012, 1:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Question on removing 93 900rr midpipe

So I'm trying to fix my new to me blade.. the previous owner chopped off the exhaust at the mid pipe and put on a chrome tip. Sounds like a harley and is a little lopey/choppy.

I just got myself a nice can and mid-pipe and I just went at trying to get the mid pipe off. From what I can see, there are no more springs attached, nor are there welds or screws that I can see... the mid pipe is really rusted on there. I tried to peel a bit of the rusted chunk off, but I'm having no luck separating the mid pipe section. Is there any other bolt or piece holding it on? I'm actually thinking of either cutting it apart some more to peel it off. OR, which I'm a little happier trying to do is cut a few lines in the tip, compressing it a little bit and slipping on the mid-pipe.

Any help or comments would be great! I looked at a repair manual and I don't see anything other than the two springs that are supposed to hold it on at that point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-30-2012, 3:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Question on removing 93 900rr midpipe

Well I took the cutoff tool and oscillating tool, and found a weak rusty spot. I continued to peel back the exhaust mid pipe remaining and it fell off finally. I'm a bit off in size for the bend right now, but I'll hopefully be solving that sometime maybe on the weekend. For now I'm using a clamp fitting that has aluminum sheeting with two worm clamps on it. The muffler is really quiet so I can hear the leak, but the bike seems to idle better with the backpressure now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page