Headin' to Pittsburgh Raceway Park today. Any suggestions? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-13-2012, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Send a message via Yahoo to 98bladerr
Headin' to Pittsburgh Raceway Park today. Any suggestions?

I've finally gotten all the work done I've wanted to get done (long list). Any suggestions for when I'm at the track? Will post times later tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-19-2012, 5:33 PM

Re: Headin' to Pittsburgh Raceway Park today. Any suggestions?

how did you do? do you have a gopro cam for your track day?
post #3 of 5 Old 09-21-2012, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to 98bladerr

[email protected] 1.8 60ft. I've gotta learn how to launch better. I know this bikes got a 10 second run in it. But for 3 grand I'm runnin' with $100,000 supercars. I was stompin' every bike off the line with .2 or less reaction times. I caught a ZX-14 slippin' and he barely nosed me out at the end. I'm headin' back in a couple weeks for a Gamblers Race. I ran 11.3 consistently. You get 2 runs to dial in and you have to stay within 1/10 of your best time. Might have a good chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-23-2012, 10:01 AM

nice, good luck next week!
post #5 of 5 Old 09-23-2012, 4:01 PM

It's all about timing the lite (or green flag) and slipping the clutch. When I was racing from time to time I would hit the 1/4 to practice my starts
My right leg always back by exhaust, stretched out as far as it would go, revs up around 8 to 9K, pointer and middle finger on the clutch lever. Left foot on peg ready to smack 2nd before my right was even back on the peg, elbows slightly up heart pounding...... Knowing I have to 1st gone in to turn 1, staring at the flag waiting for the starter to flinch. He flinches you go slipping the clutch (not burning it up) front wheel hangs a couple inches off the ground smack 2nd gear (do not use the clutch) smack 3rd, again no clutch and it's a game of chicken in to turn 1....
Lol sorry got a little carried away there... LOL having flash backs!!! Man do I ever miss racing...
Anyhow you get the point right?
I ran 10.6 @ 133 in the 1/4 on my 2002 ZX6 race (roadrace) bike, not lowered or stretched.
Me and my buddy would make a few bucks putting the smack down on the liter boys in the 1/4 mile..
Hope that helps, remember if you don't have an air shifter then the only time you use your clutch to shift is on the start and when your down shifting... Never up shifting, blip the throttle, kinda like when your down shifting..
Thanks
Powers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page