1000rr no spark - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-16-2012, 1:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

1000rr no spark

i recently put a motor in a 07 1000rr everthing is hook up and i have no spark to the plugs. i thought it was the ecu so i purchase a new one an still have the same problem. anyone have any opinions i would appreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-16-2012, 2:03 PM

Reputation Power: 28

Re: 1000rr no spark

How old are the Plugs?

Anyone can drive a fast bike, few can drive a bike fast!
post #3 of 5 Old 09-16-2012, 2:05 PM

Is the cut off switch on. This kills the sparks if it is off?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-16-2012, 2:10 PM

Check the side stand kill switch if your bike has one. It kills the engine so that you don’t start out with the side stand down. If broken or out of adjustment, it would kill the spark. Check for a broken wire at the side stand switch and coupler. Try moving the kill switch by hand. If that doesn’t work then wire a jumper around the switch to bypass it. Check the fuses. How good is the battery? Try a jump start from your car battery. Is the handlebar kill switch on? Check the operation of the ignition switch and all kill switches with a volt ohmmeter. Install new spark plug.

If that doesn't do it, check the wiring harness. Did a wire come unplugged? Are all wires clean and with solid connections? Any abraded or pinched wires? Is the bike in neutral and the neutral light is lit up? If no neutral light, check the neutral switch and neutral switch wire on center casing. If still no spark, get CDI system and coils checked at the dealers shop. You can screw up a CDI unit checking it yourself.

post #5 of 5 Old 09-17-2012, 8:36 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by repsolking View Post
i recently put a motor in a 07 1000rr everthing is hook up and i have no spark to the plugs. i thought it was the ecu so i purchase a new one an still have the same problem. anyone have any opinions i would appreciate it

Does the fuel pump prime?
Is the bank angle sensor connected and mounted correctly?
Why was the engine out?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page