Holders project 929 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-18-2012, 8:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12

Holders project 929

It was not easy to get the bike into the mini van

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-18-2012, 8:37 AM Thread Starter

Re: Holders project 929

Okay a bit of background here. I purchased the bike in an unknown condition. Didn't pay all that much so I didn't mind as I was looking for a project. I drove 12 hours one way to pick the bike up, round trip no sleeping. I was way too excited anyways. Got home, unloaded the bike and sorted through all the parts. Started making my list of parts needed and a second of parts wanted. After a few weeks of saving I was able to begin the rebuild. It's been slow going, but its nice to have something to save for.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-22-2012, 4:27 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 29

Looking good so far! I admire someone who can fill the back of a car up with a pile of boxes that used to be a motorcycle and not panic

Must get myself some of those flush indicators, they look so much better than the stock long arms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-22-2012, 5:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 77

Top marks for getting a bike in the back of a car love it!!

Looking good so far and good luck with the rest of the project, does she run ok?

Bike build Vblog latest Update
http://youtu.be/2ISgxtQXs9o

My 900RR Winter Project
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...er-revamp.html
post #5 of 6 Old 10-22-2012, 3:35 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Haha oh the things that I have put into the back of my old 240sx.... Looks good dude
post #6 of 6 Old 10-22-2012, 4:00 PM Thread Starter

update: so here is the deal, the bike runs really well. very strong through all of the gears. i have noticed lately that i get a strong vibration through the bike at about 5500 rpms and up. there is a small exhaust leak somewhere in there and the clutch likes to sound like a freight train sitting in neutral at a stop light. the bike was trashed pretty hard in an accident (enough that the crank case was welded back together in a spot). today on the way into work one of my fork seals went out as i was leaning into a turn. scary moment as i was coming in pretty hot and the front end mushed out on me. i was able to keep her up and rode the 1/2 mile further to work with no incident. the ride home tonight is going to be interesting. i've already ordered new fork seals. since i'm going to have to put new seals on the bike i figure this is the best time to go ahead and finish up with everything i wanted to do to the bike.

step one is going to be getting the tail fairing from a 1000rr and modding the extra subframe to fit it. i'm leaning toward the 06 fairing. it just looks more aggressive and sleaker in my opinion. i want to blend the 06 and the 00 tail sections together since i will not have the extra material coming from the tank to fill that section of the bike. hopefully i can come up with something that looks good. i also want to see about fitting the swing arm from the 06 so that i can do a clean undertail exhaust and utilize the heat sheilding that comes on the 06.

the idea originally was to make this a track bike, and i am going to do that...just have 2 sets of fairings i can use. one for show and one for the track.

i've been playing with some ideas and i think i've come up with a scheme that is going to work really well on the 929. i've always been into WWII fighter planes. the shark face really intrigues me. i'm thinking of pulling the sharks mouth directly from the sides of the headlight following the conture lines of the upper cowl. using the fairing bolts to represent the rivit points on the the plane, paint the bike in a green to kakhi pain scheme. i'm re reading this and it's not making much sense here, but each time i look at the bike i can see the whole thing. i'm not going for a show off paint job, but i am going for a head turner. i don't want a chromed or polished look to the bike, i think a satin black frame/subframe and swingarm would look good with the idea.

i'm an artist and i love to paint anything i can get my hands on. this is just one more thing for me to paint

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page