Aftermarket Rearset hitting Exhaust question/opinions - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-22-2012, 3:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

Aftermarket Rearset hitting Exhaust question/opinions

Hey guys, So i have aftermarket rear sets and i adjusted them for more comfort on the legs, went a half inch down but my right side rear set is hitting my exhaust and now i have no rear brake because my exhaust wont flex enough and my peg wont go down enough. Has anyone had this problem before or have any opinions on how to move my exhaust enough to have it fit properly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-22-2012, 6:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 34

Re: Aftermarket Rearset hitting Exhaust question/opinions

Adjust it back the other way.

These sort of parts are often not really tested very thoroughly at all. Could be the test mule, if they had one at all, had an aftermarket pipe on which didn't cause a problem. Or it could be they just threw it together on the CAD and thought yeh, that'll do.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-23-2012, 5:48 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

grrr... its as fwd as it can go but it still rubs unless i bring it back up one... but this is the most comfortable... i was thinking about putting some washers and getting a longer bolt and using that as spacers but idk if it will compromise the pegs it with being further out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-23-2012, 6:29 PM

Reputation Power: 12

that would be your best option, as I would suggest. You could also make the same adjustment on the other side to keep it uniform. after awhile you wont even notice it. I had to do it for my bike as well with the stock shifter because the shift rode hit the frame. As soon as I get my shop finished I am going to address this issue.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-23-2012, 6:51 PM

Reputation Power: 34

That'd work, lots of rearsets have little ally spacers under the bolts by design.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page