929 clutch actuator...how does it work? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-25-2012, 7:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

929 clutch actuator...how does it work?

My clutch actuator arm managed to mangle itself beyond recognition. It was bad enough that I couldn't get the actuator out without damaging the case, so I ebay'd a new side cover and actuator arm. I can't figure out how the darn thing works though, am I missing a piece or something

The new side cover/actuator (can't really see in there but it's in good shape)

The clutch push rod

And I found this little guy at the back of the old cover, behind the actuator. It's not in particularly nice shape. The new cover did not have one of these in it.

When I put it together, the clutch does not work. I can't figure out how it would, unless I'm missing a part or something. Anyone know? The FSM isn't particularly helpful...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-26-2012, 7:33 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: 929 clutch actuator...how does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srobinson View Post
My clutch actuator arm managed to mangle itself beyond recognition. It was bad enough that I couldn't get the actuator out without damaging the case, so I ebay'd a new side cover and actuator arm. I can't figure out how the darn thing works though, am I missing a piece or something

The new side cover/actuator (can't really see in there but it's in good shape)

The clutch push rod

And I found this little guy at the back of the old cover, behind the actuator. It's not in particularly nice shape. The new cover did not have one of these in it.

When I put it together, the clutch does not work. I can't figure out how it would, unless I'm missing a part or something. Anyone know? The FSM isn't particularly helpful...

The push rod looks like it's come apart.
That piece you found looks like the end of the push rod.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 5 Old 10-26-2012, 1:09 PM Thread Starter

Ohhhh that would make sense. So I take it the actuator actually pulls that rod out to disengage the clutch then? Meaning I'll have to take off the clutch to get it out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-26-2012, 1:29 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by srobinson View Post
Ohhhh that would make sense. So I take it the actuator actually pulls that rod out to disengage the clutch then? Meaning I'll have to take off the clutch to get it out?
Yes, the fingers on the end of the clutch actuator in the cover slot into the end of the rod.
You have to remove the pressure plate (five bolts and springs) but not the clutch. Be very careful not to over-tighten the bolts as you can easily break the posts off the hub.
Ronayers.com Microfiche Honda>Motorcycle>2003>CBR900RR>CLUTCH

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 5 Old 10-26-2012, 5:39 PM Thread Starter

That clears everything up, thank you bladeracer!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page