FI light on dash, engine not ticking over when cold - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 10-28-2012, 8:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

FI light on dash, engine not ticking over when cold

Hi my blade has the f1 light on it just keeps flashing, i have tried counting the flashes but just keeps going, so dont know which error code it is?
was riding my bike when the light came on didnt notice any difference in performance until i stopped and noticed it doesnt seem to tick over properly, and when cold it doesnt tick over until temp gets to 40degree then seems fine,
i checked the servo which goes to the flap on the exhuast and it does move when you ref the bike so all seems ok, i even took it apart as they have plastic kogs and seems fine, i changed all the plugs incase a duff plug but still the same.
the f1 flashes every couple of seconds any ideas or i will have to take it to honda dealer and cant afford a big bill this time of year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: FI light on dash, engine not ticking over when cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrush999 View Post
Hi my blade has the f1 light on it just keeps flashing, i have tried counting the flashes but just keeps going, so dont know which error code it is?
was riding my bike when the light came on didnt notice any difference in performance until i stopped and noticed it doesnt seem to tick over properly, and when cold it doesnt tick over until temp gets to 40degree then seems fine,
i checked the servo which goes to the flap on the exhuast and it does move when you ref the bike so all seems ok, i even took it apart as they have plastic kogs and seems fine, i changed all the plugs incase a duff plug but still the same.
the f1 flashes every couple of seconds any ideas or i will have to take it to honda dealer and cant afford a big bill this time of year

Have you had the tank up recently?
I'd check the vacuum hose to the MAP sensor.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 11 Old 10-28-2012, 3:44 PM Thread Starter

Hi i will check again but dont think it is that as i hadnt lifted the tank before the f1 light came on, the last problem i had with the bike i had a headlight bulb blow which i changed but no f1 light on then it came on about a week later .
have had the tank removed since then when i changed the plugs, but still no joy, so annoying as the bike runs well when warm, but frightened i might be doing damage if i keep riding
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 11-08-2012, 3:12 PM

were is the map sensor? i
just changed my motor and im having some issues as well. fi light was on and was idling very low like almost about to stall. then the light went off and then it idled good but loss of power after 5 6000 rpm just seems like it cuts out when you rev it??? but i also noticed a vacume line that seemed like it should go somewere?? or maybe it was a breather????????????????
post #5 of 11 Old 11-08-2012, 6:41 PM Thread Starter

Map sensor is on the air box, right hand side just underneath the air box held on with one philips screw, just had my bike checked at Honda dealer and said it's a map sensor fault, 289 for a new sensor!!!
Now bought a second hand one just hope it works
post #6 of 11 Old 11-08-2012, 7:25 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberguy View Post
were is the map sensor? i
just changed my motor and im having some issues as well. fi light was on and was idling very low like almost about to stall. then the light went off and then it idled good but loss of power after 5 6000 rpm just seems like it cuts out when you rev it??? but i also noticed a vacume line that seemed like it should go somewere?? or maybe it was a breather????????????????

Is the vacuum line connected to the fuel pressure regulator?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #7 of 11 Old 11-09-2012, 9:22 PM

The problem ended up being the two sensors on the airbox the connectors were backwards
post #8 of 11 Old 11-11-2012, 9:39 AM Thread Starter

Just a thought while I'm waiting fir my replacement map sensor if it doesn't work would a power commander do the same job?
Would it replace the senders from the air box or am I getting confused lol
post #9 of 11 Old 11-11-2012, 9:44 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Just a thought while I'm waiting fir my replacement map sensor if it doesn't work would a power commander do the same job?
Would it replace the senders from the air box or am I getting confused lol

Nope, you still need the sensors for the PC.
Was the sensor actually bad or are you just replacing it anyway?

post #10 of 11 Old 11-11-2012, 9:55 AM Thread Starter

Honda said it was a map sensor fault so that's what I'm going to replace just praying it works as I'm getting fed up now losing faith
post #11 of 11 Old 11-11-2012, 9:58 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Honda said it was a map sensor fault so that's what I'm going to replace just praying it works as I'm getting fed up now losing faith

Sure, but a fault simply means it's not working which could be because the vacuum hose or wiring is the problem.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page