Brembo brake convert - DISC QUERY - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-29-2012, 2:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Brembo brake convert - DISC QUERY

Hello there folks new to this forum business. But always helps when im in a pickle,

Basically im in a right rut with the brake conversion on my 1996 900rr the previous owner has fitted brembo brakes to the front using an adpater to mount the calipers .. They have also fitted new larger floating discs to the beast and these are scaring the willies out of me as they have a lot of play and rattle at low speeds over bumps ... The problem i have is i do not no what make the discs are the have some sort of logo on them and it is the same logo as on the brake caliper adpater (LMA) i believe however i can not find this make on the internet at all ..

Any advice ?
Will i need the same discs or just need the same size disc so as the pads do not kiss?
Has any one had this problem before.?

Help please
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-29-2012, 5:00 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: Brembo brake convert - DISC QUERY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecbr919 View Post
Hello there folks new to this forum business. But always helps when im in a pickle,

Basically im in a right rut with the brake conversion on my 1996 900rr the previous owner has fitted brembo brakes to the front using an adpater to mount the calipers .. They have also fitted new larger floating discs to the beast and these are scaring the willies out of me as they have a lot of play and rattle at low speeds over bumps ... The problem i have is i do not no what make the discs are the have some sort of logo on them and it is the same logo as on the brake caliper adpater (LMA) i believe however i can not find this make on the internet at all ..

Any advice ?
Will i need the same discs or just need the same size disc so as the pads do not kiss?
Has any one had this problem before.?

Help please
Mike

The only problem if the discs are really loose is they can occasionally move around enough to knock the pistons into the calipers, so when you grab the brakes you get a heart-stopping moment before they actually bite. Other than that I wouldn't be concerned about them.
Post pics and somebody might be able to identify them.
It depends on how the calipers have been mounted and what discs are on there now. Measure the offset. Is it a 16" or 17" wheel?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 6 Old 10-29-2012, 5:02 PM

Reputation Power: 34

Hi,
do you have a picture for us?
I had a CB-1 once with Spiegler Brembo adapters. Do they look anything like these?

Obviously not the same, but perhaps from the same range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-29-2012, 5:17 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

They do look like those braket but only shape wise ill get some pics and throw em up

Thank
post #5 of 6 Old 10-29-2012, 5:33 PM

Point is, Spiegler never used to put a logo on their stuff (though they do now i believe) so it could be LMA is just their part number, as you see on this one it's HORS.

You can tell me what I won when it's confirmed
post #6 of 6 Old 10-29-2012, 5:37 PM

Point of order - discs should be 296mm, wheel rim should be 16 inch stock.

If someone's gone to that trouble they probably fit a 17" wheel. Discs may be bigger, you'd might as well when upgrading anyway.

PICS PLEASE

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Tags
brakes , brembo , caliper , discs , fireblade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page